Eleuke Technical Assistance

mendel

Reaction score
hi Guys!!!

I've been fruit to figure out how to hook up my Eleuke to my MacBook Pro. DoI need a Midi Cable? What else?? I want to be able to record on Garage Band. I think hearing mysel will help me learn faster. Please tell me what I need to buy to make this happen. Thanks!!!

Look for something called guitarlink. It's a USB peripheral that you plug your guitar cable into. Most come with some kind of software as well..
Or VOX has something called JamVOX..

Let me tell you about the heart attack I just had... hahahaha...

I saw "Eleuke Technical Assistance" and saw it was from you and thought... dang it!

That being said... Eleuke does come with a year warrenty... BUT... glad that was it! Hahaha! Gave my husband a good laugh as he watched me exhale with relief!
I know Spots does a lot of mixing with his Eleuke as well. He may have some input.

Just another thought....
your headphone jack on the eleuke has a preamp in it that should alow you to connect direct to your line in on the macbook without a guitar link........It is a line-in not a "true" mic input (runs about -20db If I recall....). I am told that active pick-ups like the Mi-Si will plug straight in and so I figure that your headphone jack on the eleuke would as well...... <ponders> in fact I think I have seen that written some where - will research...... :D

OK! On http://www.eleuke.com/mp3eleuke.html

Recording? Simply plug the cable(included in the softbag)to the earphone jack and your PC's Mic input then, you can record your EleUke play into your PC.同じMP3ケーブルでイヤホン・ジャックとコンピューターのMIC入力を繋げば ご自分の演奏をコンピューター上に録音することができます。

I can confirm that the Japanese says the same thing!! (and adds that you can use the included MP3 cable to do this)
If the Eleuke headphone pre-amp has the power for headphones I suspect it would be more than enough for the line-in on your mac-book.
Let us know what you do!

Last edited:
Just get one of those speaker cables. Y'know, the ones that have the headphone plug on both sides.
Plug it straight into the computer's line-in.

I hook my Eleuke up to my MacBook with the following:

1. A standard electric guitar cable. It has a 1/4" male plug at both ends. ~$10
2. A female 1/4" - to - male 1/8" miniplug adapter. The miniplug must be monaural (not stereo). At Radio Shack, et. al., for ~$5.

Connect your Eleuke to the microphone input plug on your Mac.

You may be able to find a cord that has a 1/4" male at one end and the 1/8" monaural male miniplug at the other. The above components are readily available and work fine.

I believe this is the adapter:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062446

Last edited:
Also: If you connect your Eleuke via the microphone input plug, you need to go to System Preferences/Sound/Input and select Line Input. This de-selects the built-in microphone.

Any questions? :p

tack was right. From Eleuke HP jack to the Mic input on the MacBook Pro. It works well. Thanks guys!!! Now I'm just dealing with bad feedback!!!!! Sorry to scare you Mim!! I LOVE this Uke! I can't bring myself to take my Labikai out of the case. I did once an I was so disappointed with the way it sounded!!!

Last edited:
tack was right. From Eleuke HP jack to the Mic input on the MacBook Pro. It works well. Thanks guys!!! Now I'm just dealing with bad feedback!!!!! Sorry to scare you Mim!! I LOVE this Uke! I can't bring myself to take my Labikai out of the case. I did once an I was so disappointed with the way it sounded!!!

I'm glad it worked out for you! This doesn't work for me (feedback). The mic input is mono, and the Eleuke HP output is stereo. Perhaps some 1/8" stereo-to-mono adapter would solve my problem, but I'm already hooked up.

the eleukes headphone output generally has a lot of feedback. Its probably better to use ingrates idea of using the guitar jack with an adapter. The guitar jack output is very clean

Top Bottom