Vuvuzela Tuning

soulpowerbreaks

Reaction score
I thought this might be helpful to people looking to add a little spice to their ukulele playing.

Great, now I have the taste of puke in my mouth

sounds like Sonic Youth
(that's a good thing)

You just need 90,000 friends to join along!

Oh, my, I thought you were having us on for a moment, there. Not having heard of vuvuzela I had to resort to wikipedia:

The vuvuzela (pronunciation: /vuːvuːˈzɛlə/), also known as lepatata Mambu (its Tswana name), is a plastic horn, about 65 centimetres (2 ft) long, which produces a loud monotone note, typically around B♭3[1] (the B♭ below middle C).[2] Many types of vuvuzela, made by several manufacturers, may produce various intensity and frequency outputs.[3] The intensity of these outputs depends on the blowing technique and pressure exerted.[3]

The world soccer governing body, FIFA, proposed to ban vuvuzelas from stadiums, as they were seen as potential weapons for hooligans and could be used in ambush marketing. Columnist Jon Qwelane described the device as "an instrument from hell".[14] South African soccer authorities argued that the vuvuzela was part of the South African soccer experience.[15] The Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso said, "Those trumpets? That noise I don't like ... FIFA must ban those things ... it is not nice to have a noise like that".[16] Commentator Farayi Mungazi said, "Banning the vuvuzela would take away the distinctiveness of a South African World Cup ... absolutely essential for an authentic South African footballing experience".[17] Dutch coach Bert van Marwijk remarked, "... it was annoying ... in the stadiums you get used to it but it is still unpleasant".[18] FIFA President Sepp Blatter responded, "we should not try to Europeanise an African World Cup ... that is what African and South Africa football is all about — noise, excitement, dancing, shouting and enjoyment".[17][18] Despite the criticisms, FIFA agreed to permit their use in stadiums during the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup and 2010 FIFA World Cup.[19] South African football authority argued that during FIFA World Cup 2010,Luzuko Majeke's vuvuzelas have achieved great popularity breaking border limit of culture and religion though TV spectators suffered a lot due to Vuvuzela noise pollution.[18]

Heh, heh. I have to vote with some of the comments in the second paragraph. Stop that before you put somebody's ear out!
:biglaugh:

John

At first I was like "Vuvuzela tuning...WAT?"

But then I was like "I LOVE THIS SONG THIS MAN IS BRILLIANT."

True Story.

Top Bottom