Monkey Wrench Ukulele

Nuprin

Reaction score
I had been in the market for a solid body, steel string ukulele. I was turned on to Monkey Wrench Music by one of the members here.

On 2/1 I was put in the schedule...I was told it usually takes about a month until it was complete but might take a bit longer as he (Jim) had a number of custom orders in production. Some pictures during the process:

First, the woodset I chose...apparently Jim will be able to make 2 ukes from this set and he will be keeping the 2nd uke for himself:
P1010170.jpg

On 3/2 he sent the following pictures:
P1010185.jpg

P1010186.jpg

P1010191.jpg

Got an email last night saying that the finish was done, he would be assembling the ukulele today and would send pics once done. Just got the pictures...looks mighty pretty!

P1010201.jpg

P1010195.jpg

P1010199.jpg

P1010197.jpg

Specs:
Solid body steel string tenor
Re-entrant tuning
Solid alder hardbody
1/4" solid maple veneer on top
Maple hardwood neck with fixed carbon fiber truss rod
Jatoba fretboard
Open back geared tuners
EMG dual blade pickup

He'll be sending me an invoice tomorrow and shipping once I send payment. Can't wait!

Last edited:
thats mean as bro! what strings are being used (gauges etc)

cheers (and jealous as)

Cliff

Aloha Nuprin, wow that is very nice. Congratulations!

Aloha Nuprin,
Wow weee....good choice in luthier and such nice wood graining....absoultely stunning..Thanks for sharing, Congratulations, I betcha just can't wait for it!!! :music: MM Stan

That is beautiful!

Yeah, I can't wait to hear it:D
Don

Looks awesome! Great wood!

A few more pictures Jim sent me today. Can't wait to get my hands on it! For anyone in the market for a solid body steel string, Jim has been great to work with and his prices are very reasonable for a custom uke.

P1010203.jpg

P1010205.jpg

P1010208.jpg

P1010209.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations, enjoy and hope to hear you play it.

:drool: That is one nice Ukulele!

Can't wait to hear how good it sounds!

can you play this on it?

INTRO
B |F#|E x2

Verse1
B F# E
What have we done with innocence
B F# E
It disappeared with time, it never made much sense
B F# E
Adolescent resident
B F# E
Wasting another night on planning my revenge

BRIDGE
E D E D E D E D
One in ten,
E D E D E D E D
One in ten,
E D E D E D E D
One in ten

CHORUS
B F# E C Ab F# E F#
Don't want to be your monkey wrench
B F# E C Ab F# E F#
One more indecent accident
B F# E C Ab F# E F#
I'd rather leave than suffer this
B F# E C Ab F# E F#
I'll never be your monkey wrench

I've had my Monkey Wrench electric for a while now and can easily say it is one of the best built instruments I have ever played. Jim also makes some really sweet acoustics and his prices are so reasonable.

That is one beautiful uke! The wood is simply stunning. You must make a video as soon as it arrives :D

It is really nice. Do you know if the tuners and the G and A strings are installed a bit off center or is it just the camera angle, and it looks like the nut is compensated?? Definitely need a sound sample, and he should have several on his site for people to hear what his instruments sound like. I'd be very interested in one of these beauties down the line a bit, if I can get my bills knocked down.

Top Bottom