supertramp school cover .. uke and harmonica video

eor

Reaction score
hi folks

i started to do a different video for the grand prix , a country/bluegrass cross over tune.

i worked for weeks trying to work in a harp part but it just wouldnt gel for me. while taking a break to warm up on the harp i played the supertramp harp part and recorded it. at that point with a week in the contest left i switched gears and started to work on school.

the deadline arrived and i submitted my entry unfinished.

so later i finished the proj and decided to share it here since i know some folk here have an interest in playin harp and uke and i have mentionioned the tune prviously in a harp discussion.

its one of my alltime favorite tunes and one that was one of the first i tried on harp when a biginner.

turns out you can play classic progressive rock on a uke :)

the harp part is a hohner big river harp. key of D, played clean about 17 inches from a large diaphram condenser mic (not amped) mixed in a bit of echo

the main theme start to finish is played on an anuenue papa ii ce concert cutaway ukulele.

its a great uke it plays nice and i really am happy with.

its the uke i got from Manitoba hal in the anuenue contest. he even signed it for me so i guess its one of a kind.

i think it still has some residual mojo :)

its played through a fender gdec jr amp with a touch of flange and delay.

the lead guitar (amped to fender gdec) and improvised bass line ( direct to puter) are played on the much maligned and oft misunderstood Squire Strat.

percussion is a yellow shaker egg

this is a great tune, easy to play and to do solo accoustic, or electric on stage, two people could do it easy.

there are two original versions on youtube ,the original from the seventies from the crime of the century album and a live later accoustic version by roger hogson. both are good to watch if you want to learn the song.

different harp parts in each version

I still have alot to learn about the uke, audio and video.

this proj was a ball and i am pretty happy with it.

love the UU

thx eor

Last edited:
That was great. Excellent job on the whole video making thing (i don't know how, myself). Playing, singing. Like it all.
Don

good good job!

merci beaucoup

pour une person jeune maintenant cette chanson et obscure je pense. pour un person de mon generation dans le est du canada le disc crime of the century ce une classic.

excuse mon pouvre facilitee avec francaise ( sorry bout the french dude :)

merci pour le comment

salut

Good job. I have a uke/keyboard playing friend who's always trying to get others to play some Supertramp. I learned "Dreamer" just to hush her up. I'm going to send her the link to the YouTube video.

I tend to play Genesis and Procol Harum more than Yes or Supertramp, because I can't sing in the dog-whistle range those guys did.

WOW! Most excellent.

Top Bottom