Sweet Dreams by the Eurhythmics in Stray Cats style.

musicmonsterw

Reaction score
I placed this classic Eurhythmics song using a simple chord progression: C#m, B, A, G#. Like the "Stray Cat Strut" song, only a semi-tone up. At the end of some verses, I would break into a bit of the C# minor pentatonic scale. I had a fun time doing it.

Hope you enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5HV0atUxNY

Great idea and great execution! I love this!

Love that! The rockabilly vibe really works well with the song.

Simply fantastic! I never knew those two songs shared the same chord progression! Thanks for the enlightenment! :cool:

I'm usually very good at hearing songs in other songs but this took the cake! I'm a big Stray Cats fan as well.

cheers!

Petey

Awesome, man. Love that voice, great arrangement and the B&W vid was the way to go! thanks for sharing

Love that! The rockabilly vibe really works well with the song.

Yeah, it was a fun discovery. :)

Simply fantastic! I never knew those two songs shared the same chord progression! Thanks for the enlightenment! :cool:

I'm usually very good at hearing songs in other songs but this took the cake! I'm a big Stray Cats fan as well.

cheers!

Petey

hehe he. The Eurhythmics had a slightly different set of chords. I tinkered with it. Basically, they use something like C#m (four beats), A, G# (2 beats of each). I shoved a B chord in there to make it into the Stray Cat Strut chord progression. I think the Stray Cats do it in Cm.
By the way, you have some interesting stuff up on Youtube. :)

Awesome, man. Love that voice, great arrangement and the B&W vid was the way to go! thanks for sharing

Thanks very much!! This is very fun song to do this way. I'm glad you liked the B&W look too!

That was cool

All the technical stuff is over my head, but I do know it sounded cool. Wish I could sing, unfortunately, I'm relegated to instrumentals so as not to inflict too much pain on others ears. Great voice, great tune, Simply cool!

Great song, great cover, great entry, great contest! Don't envy Mim's job ahead of her.

Thanks, Doug! Mim sold me the uke I'm using in the video and she did a great job of setting it up.
I agree, there are many good entries, so many.

Top Bottom