UAS - everyone here is a begginer :D

Tack

Reaction score
UAS - everyone here is a beginner :D

Found this online - I know it is about guitars but......

British rock star Eric Clapton raised $2.15 million at a New York auction of 75 guitars and 55 amplifiers on Wednesday, more than triple the pre-sale expectations, auctioneers said on Thursday.

Full story: <- click

I wonder if he plays "ukulele too....? Any one know for sure?

Last edited:
And THOSE are just the ones he was willing to sell!

LOL...if I get to 75 Ukuleles I'm willing to part with...wow..

As a Matter of Fact..

Terms and conditions Sale 19226 - The Eric Clapton sale of Guitars and Amps in aid of the Crossroads Centre, 9 Mar 2011
New York and California, Los Angeles

Back to catalogue

Lot No: 23

A 1995 Lewis Fine Resophonic Reso Uke,
in red finish, alder body, maple neck, eighteen fret fingerboard with imitation mother-of-pearl dot inlays, single resonator, metal cover plates to front and back and imitation mother-of-pearl pickguard; and handmade wooden case with blue velvet lining with handwritten label with various inscriptions including LEWIS 'Dobrouke', Mini Dobro Style 'Uke'

Sold for $6,710 inclusive of Buyer's Premium

Footnote:
This resonator ukulele built by Mike Lewis was given to Eric Clapton by the maker when Clapton purchased his Tricone guitar in Lot 22 in Paris, April 1995.

Flash version Help

Copyright © 2002-2011 Bonhams 1793 Ltd.,
Images and Text All Rights Reserved

About Bonhams Site Map Terms & Conditions Contact Us

I watched a PBS special about the Troubadour in L.A. California during the late 60's and 70's. James Taylor was one of the highlighted musicians and one scene showed him going into what looked like a walk in closet with shelf's of guitar cases and he pulled out an old guitar that he played "back in the day". I would say we are in good company with our UAS, assuming we can afford what we buy.

Glad I have ukulele acquisition syndrome - UAS
It's much better than having guitar acquisition syndrome - GAS

Glad I have ukulele acquisition syndrome - UAS
It's much better than having guitar acquisition syndrome - GAS

I knew one poor fella that used to laugh when I'd complain about GAS - he had PAS (yeah, Piano Acquisition Syndrome). Actually, I've known two people afflicted with that. One turned it into a career and actually converted his house into a Piano showroom where he rebuilt and sold antique grand pianos, the other was a younger guy who had pianos scattered across all of his relatives homes after he ran out of room in his own.

John

Top Bottom