Ukers near Canton, GA

misty

Reaction score
I am in the Canton area visiting from Australia. I am free Tuesday through Thursday evenings this week if anyone wants to get together. Someone mentioned a group in the area a while back. Let me know!

I am in the Canton area visiting from Australia. I am free Tuesday through Thursday evenings this week if anyone wants to get together. Someone mentioned a group in the area a while back. Let me know!

Several of us form the "South East Ukers" & meet several times a month around Atlanta. One group meets near Marietta and another in Gwinett county on the East side of Atlanta. The Marietta meet is probably closest to you. "SweetwaterBlue", "Haolejohn", & Mike of Uke Republic are on UU, & will probably chime in. If you want to see one of the many ukes that Uke Republic, Mike will usually bring some along w/him for the jams.

Hey Misty, I am at kennestone right now but I can get away for a little bit for some uking (maybe:))

I will join the fb groups! Thanks! I will probably drag my mom along. What is a good place in the area to look at ukes?

I will join the fb groups! Thanks! I will probably drag my mom along. What is a good place in the area to look at ukes?

UkeRepublic. You have to schedule a viewing or he does come to visit as well. He is the best uke dealer in the area.

UkeRepublic. You have to schedule a viewing or he does come to visit as well. He is the best uke dealer in the area.

John should have said "only" uke dealer in the area! The rest are mostly the "big -box" brands which carry mostly low-end, badly setup, ukes. Some of them are carrying a few more models, but none have the range of ukes that Uke Republic has. Mike can usually meet you & give you a personal showing - I've bought a few from him that way!

I am so tempted to get a uke here because everything is so expensive in Australia! But in don't see how I could carry two of them back with me. It was pushing my luck to bring my Lanikai. Tempted to get a Mainland and leave my Lanikai at my mom's. I would pay $100 more than they are going for here. The UAS is strong!

I think we are going to try to get to the thing on Tuesday! Who else is going?

Uke Republic has more than Mainland's to tempt you with! (but I bought a Mainland Longneck Pineapple from him a couple of weeks ago!)

And I've traveled multiple times with more than one uke. Helps if one is a soprano & sticks in/out of my backpack.

Current one is a concert and I have my eye on the longneck concert you got! Will have to do the backpack check.

John should have said "only" uke dealer in the area! The rest are mostly the "big -box" brands which carry mostly low-end, badly setup, ukes. Some of them are carrying a few more models, but none have the range of ukes that Uke Republic has. Mike can usually meet you & give you a personal showing - I've bought MANY from him that way!

Fixed it for ya:)

Top Bottom