FS: KoAloha Tenor Sceptre

ukeatan

Reaction score
SOLD Time to sell a few off before UAS kicks in again :D I find myself mostly playing concert these days, so I'll be posting a few non-concerts for sale.

The first is the best, a KoAloha Tenor Sceptre, part of Alvin Okami's signature series. Chances are you're familiar with this uke, but you can find the specs on the KoAloha website.

Only about a year old, plays and sounds great. Good volume and surprisingly comfortable given the shape. Comes with the Uke Crazy case shown and an Oasis humidifier. Overall the ukulele is in great condition, except for one small blemish I tried to show in the last photo. Because of this one cosmetic issue, I'm offering the uke at a nice discount: $725 includes US shipping.

PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

koaloha1.jpg

koaloha2.jpg

koaloha3.jpg

Last edited:
Mmmmmm koa...

koaloha4.jpg

koaloha5.jpg

koaloha6.jpg

The blemish--it's pretty subtle. Must've bumped the bottom corner at some point, so there's a small crack in the finish--actually it still feels smooth, but can be seen at certain angles.

koaloha7.jpg

That is sweet. I have a concert sceptre I got from dkcrowne and want a tenor sceptre someday. Too bad I can't today. Someone is going to get a great instrument!!!

Oo La La! Sweeet! Down John, this isn't a Mele.

Trade ? ? ??

Down, John! Go back to the new baby! Stay away from Sceptre's floating around! Give some of the rest of us a go at them...

Anybody got a Pineapple Sunday they want to unload to a needy fellow uker?!

Anybody got a Pineapple Sunday they want to unload to a needy fellow uker?!

I was soooo close to getting one. I've been trying to save up some money for my Moore Bettah...but the other day on Flea Market Music I saw someone selling their Pineapple Sunday for $700 shipped. I've wanted one for awhile now and I almost cracked. I decided to walk away from my computer and give it an hour. If it was still there when I got back I would contact the seller. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) it was sold by the time I got back. The Moore Bettah savings fund is still strong.

Chris,

You should have jumped on that PS! I already have one like it with the spiked bridge and I would still have bought it! Don't worry though, the MB is worth it. I might try and get another myself but I'd have to let go of my spiked PS, crown Sceptre, crown super concert and one of my crown Tenors!

Chris,

You should have jumped on that PS! I already have one like it with the spiked bridge and I would still have bought it! Don't worry though, the MB is worth it. I might try and get another myself but I'd have to let go of my spiked PS, crown Sceptre, crown super concert and one of my crown Tenors!

"The MB is worth it...the MB is worth it..." Must keep telling myself that...I know the MB will be absolutely amazing but I'm definitely a bit regretful I passed up the PS. Hmmm...."the MB is worth it...the MB is worth it..."

I think I'll have enough saved up once Chuck finishes but there's a small chance I'll have to let go of my Kamaka (already have 3 people who are interested if I have to sell). Really hoping it won't come to that though!!!

"The MB is worth it...the MB is worth it..." Must keep telling myself that...I know the MB will be absolutely amazing but I'm definitely a bit regretful I passed up the PS. Hmmm...."the MB is worth it...the MB is worth it..."

I think I'll have enough saved up once Chuck finishes but there's a small chance I'll have to let go of my Kamaka (already have 3 people who are interested if I have to sell). Really hoping it won't come to that though!!!

Stay the course for the MB, Chris. I am lucky enough to own both, but it is rare to have the opportunity to own one of Chuck's beauties. While Pineapple Sundays are not exactly dime a dozen, they are more readily available than MBs. You will probably have a chance to pick one up sometime in the future.

Chris,

ahem!! ahem!! cough!! cough!! one can only play one crown bridge tenor:)

That is sweet. I have a concert sceptre I got from dkcrowne and want a tenor sceptre someday. Too bad I can't today. Someone is going to get a great instrument!!!

Thanks for the comment! These Sceptres are indeed sweet.

So...Tempting.

Be... tempted. PM me if you want an international shipping quote.

I was soooo close to getting one. I've been trying to save up some money for my Moore Bettah...but the other day on Flea Market Music I saw someone selling their Pineapple Sunday for $700 shipped. I've wanted one for awhile now and I almost cracked. I decided to walk away from my computer and give it an hour. If it was still there when I got back I would contact the seller. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) it was sold by the time I got back. The Moore Bettah savings fund is still strong.

Hate to say it, but looks like that same PS is now on ebay (judging from the repair), though a bit less of a deal. Looks like that one's changed hands a lot recently. I agree though, that MB will be something really special!

Not me, I was thinking the OP trading his tenor sceptre to rem for his concert sceptre.

It's funny, I almost thought about posting looking for a trade for a concert Sceptre, but I really need to downsize, so hopefully someone can take advantage of this deal!

this uke hasn't sold yet?!? i've had to wipe drool off my keyboard about every 30 minutes since i saw the original post.

if i wasn't having to save my coins for some new wheels to get to work (our commuter car died), then i'd be all over this one. what a sweet deal!

good luck with it! someone's going to get a sweet uke. i got to play a sceptre for the first time about a month ago (thanks, john!) and i loved the way it sounded, looked and felt.

Just a little St. Patrick's Day bump--the Sceptre is still available ;)

A few more pics and a new price--now $725 shipped! :D

Feel free to send trade or partial trade offers too, though I'd prefer to sell outright.

koaloha7-1.jpg

koaloha8.jpg

koaloha9.jpg

If this is still available in a month or so I might think about as my Promotion gift to myself. Until then...I have to wait

Top Bottom