Would you like to be my friend???

mendel

Reaction score
I would love to have more UU friends on my FaceBook. It would brighten my day. If you guys have a Facebook account, look me up.

Richard Mendelson is my full name. My baby is my picture. Look me up!!! Let's be friends....

I don't do Facebook, but you can consider me your friend.

John

This whole "social media" stuff just leaves me cold.

Me too. I just don't get it. I love to call it "spacebook" (myspace + facebook) because my doing so drives all of my family and friends nuts. Time will tell, but I may become the last person in the world who has internet access but no spacebook account.

Ooops, danger of hijacking thread, sorry Richard.

John

It is not about having a ton of friends for me. I am not able to get on UU much during the day. My phone has a FaceBook button so I am able to see what people are up to. I have not met any Uke people from UU in real life, and I wold love to see yo guys more often. This comes from a place of love....

Richard,
I'll look for you on FB. No problem. You should check out our page for The Ukulele Cowboy Society. I would appreciate it. I wasnt active on it until about a year ago when I realized the potential of social media in terms of our band. It's actually been a huge help connecting with people who end up being a really good resource. I may not post what I had for breakfast this morning but being able to invite people to a gig or concert that we are playing? There is nothing like it...

Mike

Yo, Richard - there are quite a few "Richard Mendelson's" on FB - which one are you, exactly?? "Like" Uke Republic's FB page & you'll see a lot of us from UU - also "The Southeast Ukers" is the FB version of the same here on UU.

Me too. I just don't get it. I love to call it "spacebook" (myspace + facebook) because my doing so drives all of my family and friends nuts. Time will tell, but I may become the last person in the world who has internet access but no spacebook account.
I value my privacy way too much to want to put personal info out on the intarwebs.

These days any public info you post could get you denied a job or even fired.

Why anyone would want to post their entire personal life details online is beyond me.

Last edited:
If you get a request from a French sounding name, it is me :)

I jus got it! As the Golden Girls would say- thank you for being a friend!!!

like John, Richard, I don't have a facebook thing, or a my space thing or even a mobile phone. It took me years and years before I even considered joining a forum. To date this is the only one I have ever, and possibly will ever have been on. It's also taken me years to do videos for a youtube thing as I am a terrible luddite and computer illiterate. All that said, I love your posts and your threads mate and you can count me as a friend for sure!

I just sent you a FB friend request.

social media stuff, good way to keep in contact..

hi richard, i'm Matt. I signed up like.... 3 years ago? Don't visit very often though, study+work+social+girlfriend leaves me no time. But I like your energy!
!!

Top Bottom