pdxuke

Reaction score
THIS is my replacement Kamaka Uke from Gryphon:

attachment.php

3535120-1.jpg

3535122.jpg

353515.jpg

This is the resolution of thread:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?43672-POLL-Am-I-a-reasonable-man

Although this was a real hassle, and I have to wait more than a week for the old uke to go back and my new uke to arrive, I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize. This new concert may even be prettier than the first.

It's kind of like remodeling your kitchen: while you are in the middle of it it is a major pain, but on the other end it's just so cool you forget all about the hassle.

Your opinions have also helped me remember the value of courteously insisting on what is right. I hope I'm always a courteous fellow, sometimes I am to a fault, and your encouragement helped me to push for the right resolution.

Many thanks. I'll post when it arrives!

Glad to hear the retailer was able to get you a good replacement. Mistakes happen it is how they are resolved that matters. I'm sure the retailer has made certain the replacement is absolutely perfect.

Glad the problem has been resolved!!! BTW...that is a real sweet looking uke!!!

It sounds like they fought you on it a little bit, which kinda sucks in that they'd never accept it in a high end instrument they bought with their own money for they own use... but anyway...

I'm glad you were able to solve it without getting out the ugly stick though. You'd remember it every time you looked at the uke.

Funny you should mention a kitchen remodel. We went through a bathroom remodel this time last year when the building got new pipes. This year, my parents are the ones doing a huge kitchen remodel. Sometimes I feel homesick, and sometimes not. This would be one of the times when I'm not. :)

Hey Thom, tell them that I'll buy the "other" one for a deep discount!

It sounds like they fought you on it a little bit, which kinda sucks in that they'd never accept it in a high end instrument they bought with their own money for they own use... but anyway...

They were slow to appreciate the issue until the picture. Then there was no question. And in fairness, my description was a generous understatement of the extent of the problem, so one could easily read it at the shop and think, "this guy is a finish freak pain in the.." you know what.

Kamaka instantly responded, but Kamaka got the picture first. Had they offered freight both ways, I would have sent the original. But I'm glad it turned out the way it did: I was the very first customer to see this Kamaka because it had not yet been processed. They even rushed through a sound sample so I could hear it. My thanks to Gryphon for that. And I think I prefer the grain of the new one: the pattern reminds me of a woman's long hair; I think it's lovely.

I am holding my breath for a week or so until I actually have the new uke. I want it to all work out well, and when the uke is in my hand, I'll feel better.

It looks beautiful. It sounds as if it went well with the Kamaka family. There are reasons the K brands are popular. Just think! Another New Uke Day. How fun.

That is one gorgeous uke. I too am glad that it is working out. I wish you many years of uking on this new uke. (If you don't like it, I want first dibs)!!!!

Great! It looks fabulous. Now I am jealous of yours. It's prettier than mine. Let's have a little celebration when it arrives.

That Sir, is an ukulele that has presence! A very handsome uke that will turn heads whenever it appears. Congratulations :)

Glad to see it got sorted and that replacement does look so awesomely cute!

Top Bottom