PDA

View Full Version : What strings to get to put a concert size high G uke in low G?

amyallover23
03-12-2011, 07:54 PM
So, I have standard synthetic strings for my ukulele right now and it's in high G, but I really wanna put it in low G, so, any suggestions on what to get or how to do this? Thanks in advance.

kenikas
03-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Musicguymic on ebay sells low g sets or single low g strings, shoot him an e mail or give him a call he is one of the most helpfull dealers out there. I know Worth makes low g sets as does Fremont, Aquila, and Kala and it depends on what kind of sound you're looking for and what type uke you have.

GreatGazukes
03-12-2011, 09:20 PM
HI Amyallover and welcome to the UU

Just a caution, beware of wound strings, if you cut them they unravel.

Cheers GG

amyallover23
03-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Musicguymic on ebay sells low g sets or single low g strings, shoot him an e mail or give him a call he is one of the most helpfull dealers out there. I know Worth makes low g sets as does Fremont, Aquila, and Kala and it depends on what kind of sound you're looking for and what type uke you have.

Thanks so much. (: What did you mean though, by what sound I'm looking for? I have a Lanikai acoustic, but I don't know anything about what kinds of strings make what sounds.:confused:

Kanaka916
03-13-2011, 03:09 AM
FYI - Uke Strings (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?39969-FYI-Uke-Strings)

Huna
03-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Just buy a pack of low G aquilas. Thats the easiest way.

kenikas
03-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks so much. (: What did you mean though, by what sound I'm looking for? I have a Lanikai acoustic, but I don't know anything about what kinds of strings make what sounds.:confused:

Aquila's have a bright punchy sound that works well for most laminate ukes, but many people find them overpowering for solid or solid top ukes. They would probably be a good match for your Lanikai since most of their lower priced ukes are laminate. I have them on a couple of Lanikai's and really like them.