Review of Tanglewood TU 1CE Soprano

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi everyone :D

As I'm sure you're all well aware, I got a new Ukulele on Thursday :D I thought I'd do a quick review for those who may be interested in this Uke.

I was recommended the Ukulele by a guy at Southern Ukulele Store in the UK, along with an amp, it's acoustic/electric and works very well to my needs. The Ukulele is laminate. Specs are as listed:

SHAPE Cutaway Soprano
TOP Mahogany
BACK Mahogany
SIDES Mahogany
NECK (MATERIAL) Mahogany
NECK (BUILD) Dovetail
FINGERBOARD Rosewood
BRIDGE Rosewood
BINDING N/A
SADDLE ABS Ivory White
NUT ABS Ivory White (34mm)
SCALE LENGTH 345mm
MACHINE HEADS Open gear, Black Buttons
FINISH Natural Satin
EQ 2-Band EQ

This is my first Electric Ukulele of any kind and so I do not have much experience in the electric part, but the acoustic part I do. This ukulele plays well, doesn't come with Aquilas as standard, but the guy at the shop threw a pack in for free and with the amp, it came to just under £136 including postage. I think it sounds great both acoustically and electrically through a Danelectro Honeytone which I also got, and love immensely.

I would recommend this Ukulele to someone looking to have their first acoustic/electric, but do not know enough to say whether it was be a good buy for other people, I think it would.

Sound sample can be found here

I also HIGHLY recommend the Southern Ukulele Store for their excellent service, prompt delivery and just all round awesomeness!

Hi Joey! Thanks for the review of the Tanglewood. Glad you're so happy with it. It sure is very pretty and cuddly. And aren't those little Honeytone amps the cutest? I bought myself a little one a year or so back, one of the Orange Micro-crush mini amps and they're just heaps of fun. Happy ukein' mate :)

Hi Joey! Thanks for the review of the Tanglewood. Glad you're so happy with it. It sure is very pretty and cuddly. And aren't those little Honeytone amps the cutest? I bought myself a little one a year or so back, one of the Orange Micro-crush mini amps and they're just heaps of fun. Happy ukein' mate :)

I love the amp, it looks so 50's, I got it in Aqua because it looked more 50's than the black one...I'm sure I'll aquire another Uke at some point, maybe another amp, but for now this is it...

Wow, your enthusiasm for ukes makes me wanna buy a new one myself! (MUST...RESIST)

I love Ukes, can't imaging my life without them now I have them, can't remember how I got by the dark times without them!

My next "fund" will be either for a poiple flea or a custom soprano solid body, possibly electric/acoustic again, that's gonna be a long time saving!

I love the amp, it looks so 50's, I got it in Aqua because it looked more 50's than the black one...I'm sure I'll aquire another Uke at some point, maybe another amp, but for now this is it...

I have the Aqua one too (50's you say - darn, I got my first uke back then), play it with my black concert Eleuke (100 series - wanted two holes in body) and I love them both. Also use it with a couple of acoustics that have pickups.

Congrats on your new uke and thanks for review. Doesn't seem so very long ago that Astrid was your one and only.

I have the Aqua one too (50's you say - darn, I got my first uke back then), play it with my black concert Eleuke (100 series - wanted two holes in body) and I love them both. Also use it with a couple of acoustics that have pickups.

Congrats on your new uke and thanks for review. Doesn't seem so very long ago that Astrid was your one and only.

About 6 months ago she was!

Top Bottom