Great uke show last night; Manitoba Hal, Tim Sweeney, and Anna Hirst

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to attend a great uke event yesterday, right here in my home town on Cape Cod. There isn't a lot going on here in the winter, especially uke related, so this was a real treat.

Local ukulele extrordonaire Tim Sweeney put on the event. Manitoba Hal hosted a blues uke workshop in the afternoon and performed last night. Tim and another local performer, 17 yr. old Anna Hirst, opened up the show. Remember the name. Anna is a rising talent.

If you ever have the chance to see Manitoba Hal, run don't walk. He is an extremely entertaining performer and a fantastic uke talent. His video Poulet Shack is currently one of the most popular on Youtube now. I picked up his new CD after the show.

Perhaps the best thing to come out of last night is that Tim, myself and others talked about starting up a Cape Cod ukulele group! I suggested we call it the C-Cups, Cape Cod Ukulele Players. Just think of the T shirts! We'll see if the name sticks.

Anyway, be sure to check out Tim and Hal's websites;

www.timsweeney.us
www.manitobahal.com

Very cool! Will have to check out some videos and will keep an eye on Anna Hirst and see how far she rises!

Thanks for the info!

he he...the C-Cups...nice Dana. Sounds like you had an awesome day mate. Thanks for telling us about it, and for the links to Tim and Hal's sites. He he...the C-Cups :rofl::biglaugh: if the group and the tshirt ever get off the ground mark me down for a tshirt for Eugenie!!!!

Hal will be at The Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway this November! Can't wait to see him.

www.tampabayukulele.com

I miss the Cape.. spent most of my youth there, Most of my family lives ther full tome now.

If i could get a job up ther, I'd move back.

JT

Hal will be at The Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway this November! Can't wait to see him.

www.tampabayukulele.com

I miss the Cape.. spent most of my youth there, Most of my family lives ther full tome now.

If i could get a job up ther, I'd move back.

JT

Thanks for the link, JT. If it's in the budget, I might have to make the trip down next Nov.

Top Bottom