Thailand Ukefest

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the event. I will be posting videos and pics to follow.

The uke talent at the Thailand ukulele contest was stronger than I thought. There is lots of crossovers from the guitar to the uke. The uke seems to fit the Thai style much better than guitars in my opinion.

I took my son and daughter to see the event hoping it would spark them. His comment was - "I had no idea how loud the ukulele could sound" He said the sound was "large". Basically, he thought it was a toy before; but, now he wants to really study it hard for the next year. I had given him a Cordoba about 6 months ago. Because of his new interest, I gave him a choice of a G String, a Pono with pickup, or a Martin OXK I just bought. The Martin is best for him and so he gets that. The sister wants the Gstring. Damned good choice. I love that G String.

I will share some of the international talent and also try to give a feel of the local talent as well because that will drive more Thais to learn the instrument.

If others have input, please post it. Lots of people responded when Aldrine asked if anybody in the crowd used ukulele underground.

Last edited:
Here is the first video. I don't know how the quality is, so let's hope its good.

Aldrine can ask me to delete this if he wants. I'm sure there are better videos.

That's too sweet.

Both Aldrine and Kalei up on the big screen. I looks like a full on rock show.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for posting this. I did want to see something from Aldrine. I want to play like him when I grow up. Sweet!

That uke fest looks so legit, how they put it together, the huge stage, big screen, lights.. so wish I was there

More Aldrine. I know what you guys wanted; so, I kept the last of my battery charge ready for Aldrine and was able to capture most of his act.

There's a lot to post so keep coming back. It takes awhile to upload the raw footage.

Its 3:40 AM and I feel fortunate the second video in the queue got processed. Here it is. I'm hoping its the "I'm Yours Medley"

Thanks so much for sharing and posting these! Looks like a great time was had!

More Aldrine. I need to mix it up with some other videos; but, again, I know what you guys like.

A new song.

Senor Viktor - This song has great movement and is supposed to be a complementary song to a previous work by Aldrine.

Last edited:
fantastic! I was actually in thailand last month, but missed the fest. I loved the folks at ribbee, i bought my eleuke cigar box from there

The people at Ribbee are class act.

Kyas from Japan.

Top Bottom