Django Reinhardt's "Tears" on ukulele

WestPhillyUke

Reaction score

Django recorded several versions of this piece, all wonderful. This arrangement is probably closest to this, the earliest recording:

Excellent work! Love the rhythm and syncopation.

Introducing UU's own "sugarinthegourd"!!! This is really awesome stuff and he is a great musician. Thanks for posting this WestPhillyUke.

If you guys are after tabs just PM sugarinthegourd. He is a lovely guy and willing to share them with anyone who is interested.

Sounds really nice...and that looks like a vintage uke too...wow wee....Thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings...MM Stan

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Eugene, I should point out that I am in fact "sugarinthegourd" -- I had wanted to change my UU handle to better reflect my focus on making local uke connections. I wasn't able to change the username, so I abandoned the old one and will from now on be known as WestPhillyUke on UU.

Best wishes,

John

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Eugene, I should point out that I am in fact "sugarinthegourd" -- I had wanted to change my UU handle to better reflect my focus on making local uke connections. I wasn't able to change the username, so I abandoned the old one and will from now on be known as WestPhillyUke on UU.

Best wishes,

John

aaah...the ol' switcheroony trick...I'm sure there's a Maxwell Smart joke in there somewhere :eek: no worries John!!!! Lovely playing mate. Really enjoyed this!

Top Bottom