Where to buy Ukulele parts?

GKK

Reaction score
I need to buy Ukulele Fret wire, Bone Saddles and Files. The local music stores don't have the smaller Ukulele fret wire (only guitar frets). What sites have Ukulele specific parts and tools?

Thanks

What sites have Ukulele specific parts and tools?

Some (parts) and none (tools).

Try Stewart MacDonald and Luthier's Mercantile. There are many more.

Bob Gleason just wrote an article for the `Ukulele Guild of Hawaii listing supplier sources, if you're a member, read the article.

I don't think you'll find "`ukulele" fretwire, but Graph Tech has `ukulele nuts and saddles (generic, so I just order blanks and shape them myself, like most do I'm sure).
Not sure what kind of files you're looking for, but I have fret files and nut slotting files from StewMac, as well as some Ibanez style nut slotting files from China (read: eBay) - they're collecting dust, and the StewMac ones have seen a lot of duty.

Just a suggestion, but you may want to ask one of the mods to move this to the Luthier's Corner.

Thanks, for the suggestions.

I found a place in Hawaii that sells Ukulele specific Fret Wire (18% nickel silver). It's HanaLimastore.com. The fret wire is only $5 for 4 feet, $10 shipped.

Last edited:
I buy my fret wire from C.B Gitty, he sells in smalll quantity and is pretty much just a hobby for him from what I've heard. I usually get the silver medium/medium.

Stewart McDonald has some good stuff, also Guitar parts.

Mainland also sells nuts, saddles, bridges, tuners, necks and fretboards.

Hanalima is a great spot for all parts. I personally use Lmi's mandolin fretwire. Some may say it's maybe a little small for some of the larger size ukes, but I love it. It gives you lots of room for playing (especially in the upper register) and doesn't feel bulky at all. The one down side to it is it's a bit of a pain to trim the ends for bound fretboards.

Top Bottom