Feeling proud tonight

stuart

Reaction score
As a 7 week veteran of the Uke I felt I was travelling along quite well but I was having trouble with strum patterns and with the music being in time with the lyrics (I was trying too hard to make them "fit" together). But tonight it clicked. I managed to get all the way through Clapton/Fuller San Francisco bay Blues AND Mr Bojangles (Thanks to Music Teacher2010 for the strum pattern). Neither are perfect but both are good enough for me to feel very inspired.

Two weeks solid practice of Uncle Rod's Boot Camp also helped even though I am still firmly in the beginners class at camp.

Now I will go back to Mr Sandman, I was getting bogged down with that one but noW I am on a roll.

To paraphrase Winston Churchill, never give up. Never, never give up.

That's so great! I am very much a beginner myself with just 7 months under my belt and no other musical experience. Most days I really enjoy myself when I get frustrated I just have to put it down and walk away for awhile...

keep up the good work, seems the progress comes in spurts.

Good on 'ya, mate! Keep on strumming!

awesome Stuart. It's getting over those little hurdles that keep you motivated and inspired, eh. Just such sweet satisfaction in getting through the first tune. Winston had some classic lines too...always remember that joke about him being at a party and an old girl comes up to him and disdainfully says, "Winston, you're drunk" to which he replies, "Ah yes madam, that I am. But you are ugly and I will be sober in the morning." :) Congratulations mate, and cheers for sharing the joy. It gives all of us a little more petrol in the tank.

Hey - congrats !!!
I love, love, love to read about all these breakthroughs and positive experiences here - that keeps me going when I'm frustrated...
I wish you more of these proud and happy moments - you'll make it !!!

Keep on strumming ;-)
B_L

Top Bottom