Favorite lrish songs on uke, recordings/videos needed!

JT_Ukes

Reaction score
I need your help... Looking for your favorite recordings or videos of Irish tunes/songs on ukulele for my podcast www.thegigcast.com this week. All credit will be given. Email your suggestions to me at gigcast@nightgig.com or pm me.

To be more specific, I'm looking for Irish songs recorded by ukukele players that are available for download on the web, Youtube videos, mp3s etc...

Thanks!

JT

Last edited:
Whiskey in the jar, fo sho! Mother McQueen (thats the version round here) Finnegan's wake, Auld Triangle, Irish Rover, Poor Paddy, I could go on..................................... Rocky road to Dublin, Holy ground....

Whiskey in the jar, fo sho! Mother McQueen (thats the version round here) Finnegan's wake, Auld Triangle, Irish Rover, Poor Paddy, I could go on..................................... Rocky road to Dublin, Holy ground....

Right. All great songs...

BUT, I'm looking for links to recordings I can play on the show! youtube vids etc...

so.. what ya got?

The Water Is Wide, All For Me Grog, Fil-i-mi-oo-ri-ay (Paddy Works The Railroad), anything by Christy Moore

The Water Is Wide, All For Me Grog, Fil-i-mi-oo-ri-ay (Paddy Works The Railroad), anything by Christy Moore

Again, all great songs but I'm looking for Irish songs recorded by ukukele players that are available for download on the web, Youtube videos, mp3s etc that I can then use on my Podcast :)

i just threw a little whiskey in the jar and some danny boy too, but am having trouble locating the cord that connects camera to computer. i have some organizational deficiencies. gimme a bit and i'll hook you up. jc

Instead of doing song searches on YouTube, just search "Irish Ukulele"

Instead of doing song searches on YouTube, just search "Irish Ukulele"

I'll be doing that as well, BUT.. I'm just seeing if there are any that you folks here know of.

And if there are any members that have recorded some themselvs.

Just searching youtube would mean I'd miss a lot of good stuff. Ya know?

i just invented a youtube channel! i thought you wanted versions of our own favorite irish tunes, then i saw those links from above and was like "holy s**! these guys rock!" but i'd already uploaded some vids, which pale in comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tetonuke?feature=mhum

that ken middleton guy linked above is unreal, and the the 'fields of athrenry' plays and sings beautifully. awesome stuff. thanks for those

i just invented a youtube channel! i thought you wanted versions of our own favorite irish tunes, then i saw those links from above and was like "holy s**! these guys rock!" but i'd already uploaded some vids, which pale in comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tetonuke?feature=mhum

that ken middleton guy linked above is unreal, and the the 'fields of athrenry' plays and sings beautifully. awesome stuff. thanks for those

I know? Right!

Thanks !

I started getting a few standards down and for some reason it made me want a drink. Then I've just been repeating that and am now unable to make a C chord.
Thanks for the inspiration JT.
I'm crying now thinking of all the wakes I've been to where Danny boy was playing.
Just drinking Mountain Dew but to much sugar and caffeine can mess you up. Thats another one Rare old Mountain Dew.
"Gimme enough of the rare ol' stuff thats brewed near Galway bay"

I started getting a few standards down and for some reason it made me want a drink. Then I've just been repeating that and am now unable to make a C chord.
Thanks for the inspiration JT.
I'm crying now thinking of all the wakes I've been to where Danny boy was playing.
Just drinking Mountain Dew but to much sugar and caffeine can mess you up. Thats another one Rare old Mountain Dew.
"Gimme enough of the rare ol' stuff thats brewed near Galway bay"

We need to hit the local Irish Pub next Novenber me boyo!

Top Bottom