New uke day!

Uke Whisperer

Reaction score
OHANA SK-38 from Uke Republic arrived today.
It is NICE!

The sound seems a little "brash", with original Aquila strings, for such a light weight mahagony soprano.

I'm heading downtown this afternoon to buy Martin's to try (and Worth's if they have them). I can always go back to Aquilas if need be.

Thanks you OHANA, UKE REPUBlIC and PEGGY!

Yay for new Ukes! Any pics? Sound sample maybe? Congrats and enjoy!

Congratulations on the new ukulele! Pics, please! I'm interested to see what your experiences will be with strings other than Aquilas. I hope you report back.

I have some Worth CD strings on mine right now and love the way they feel/sound. The higher tension seems to give the ukulele a real "old time" sound.

Congrats on your new uke!!! Any pics???

Congrats. Martins WILL improv the sound!

I would love to try one of those SK-38s out someday. They look lovely. Has anyone else noticed that Style 2 Martins seem to have a darker, more reddish stain than other Martins? Most of them that I have seen do, at least. And it seems that the SK-38 has that same darker, redder look.

Hello,
I will try to at least get pictures and figure-out posting them. My 14 year old Grandaughter will be here for spring break in a couple of weeks and she may be able to help me with video and/or audio requirements.
Not been able to get to music store for strings yet. Unfortunately not able to get "out and about" yesterday.

Hello,

Now have Martin strings on the new SK-38.
Sounds less "brashy", more "mellow" but "clear".
Sustain, like the Entergizer Bunny.
I prefer the feel of the Martins.
I prefer the Martin strings even though not as "sweet" a sound as I imagined.
The Uke plays really nice!
Will wait a while before I try Worths.
I'll start looking into sound recording.

Aloha Tom,
Congratulations on the new Ohana...Yes I'm intrested too on how the worths and M600 will do....let us know...Woo Wooo Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Aloha Tom,
Congratulations on the new Ohana...Yes I'm intrested too on how the worths and M600 will do....let us know...Woo Wooo Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Now have Martin strings on the new SK-38.
Sounds less "brashy", more "mellow" but "clear".
Sustain, like the Entergizer Bunny.
I prefer the feel of the Martins.
I prefer the Martin strings even though not as "sweet" a sound as I imagined.
The Uke plays really nice!
Will wait a while before I try Worths.

Top Bottom