Rip-off's on the rise

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
I used to feel like I could trust all ukulele players, but it seems with the rise of the uke's popularity in the mainstream more and more people are trying to pull one over on me. It's really disheartening that what has been such a pure thing is being soiled by the rank and file a**holes that think it's alright to screw your neighbor.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Sorry to hear that Mike. I know what its like to be having a great day and all it takes is one small bad act to spoil the entire day.

I'm sorry to hear about it, too. Downside of popularity...sucks.

That sucks Mike. :( I know when my husband was doing Windows Mobile graphics and the like, 99.9% of his customers were awesome people to deal with and help. Then had that 1/10 of a percent that were immediately threatening internet lawsuits and swearing and other silly things, and you got the feeling they honestly felt this was the most effective way to deal with people.

It really makes you wonder about some people, mostly it's water off a duck's back but sometimes you just wonder what they're really like. We get that. :)

I used to feel like I could trust all ukulele players, but it seems with the rise of the uke's popularity in the mainstream more and more people are trying to pull one over on me. It's really disheartening that what has been such a pure thing is being soiled by the rank and file a**holes that think it's alright to screw your neighbor.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

The uke's still pure. When people do stuff like that they besmirch themselves. Sorry to hear about it, Mike.

At least you've maintained your professional integrity and so you are highly regarded in the community. Word travels fast. The a**holes will be found out in short order. A bad reputation, I would think, is hard to overcome.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Don't worry, Karma has a way of getting these guys in the end.

The world will always have it's share of a**holes, Mike. I, for one, am not going to let that fact ruin what I want to do in life. Keep being the positive force that you've always been in the uke community, and don't let the a**holes get you down....

Hey Mike,

that's soooo disgusting to hear...
As I'm fairly new to the uke world I'm still amazed for all the help, support, and the friendly manners of all the uke players I meet - but the more popular the uke becomes the more interesting is it for axxxholes to make their profit out of it.

But as somebody already said - everyone gets what he deserves in the end....

And all the good people will understand that you have to save yourself from being ripped off...

Sorry if I've got many mistakes in this post - but my english is far from being good and when I'm upset (like I am right now) it becomes even worse.....:-(
Hope, I could express what I wanted to, though...

B_L

With increasing popularity there will start to become more and more people like this. But they will always be a small percent and the rest of the community will stay positive and helpful like they are now.

You're not talking about me and the banjo uke, are you? I tried everything I could think of to make it sound good! :(

It's always discouraging to discover that people who ought to be likeable, at least concerning a shared passion, are nasty and shady. I had a similar experience with a friend whose idea of thanking me for providing a short-term loan for her business was to stiff me. I was mad that this person basically picked my pocket but I think I was even angrier that she made it difficult for me to trust anyone else for a long time. It's like she also stole the part of me that wanted to see the best in people. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with someone you thought you could trust. Please don't let that person steal from you who you are.

It's always discouraging to discover that people who ought to be likeable, at least concerning a shared passion, are nasty and shady. I had a similar experience with a friend whose idea of thanking me for providing a short-term loan for her business was to stiff me. I was mad that this person basically picked my pocket but I think I was even angrier that she made it difficult for me to trust anyone else for a long time. It's like she also stole the part of me that wanted to see the best in people. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with someone you thought you could trust. Please don't let that person steal from you who you are.

That is really the heart of the matter, the personal affront is worse than any financial loss.

Just be sure to protect your own interests. Honest people will rarely take exception to that, especially with the reputation you have built. Sorry to hear you've had trouble.

Top Bottom