Hobo sings...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hobo Ted is DONE, and sounds unbelieveable. Finished him today, and it wasn't 30 minutes done before the daughter grabs him up and starts rockin out... lol.. Her jaw dropped because he sounds and plays incredible. Her and I both noticed how smooth he is, even over the other Les Pauls in our collection. I am stoked about Hobo, especially now hearing his awesome voice. Music to my ears for sure. It was a challenging, but very rewarding project. Here he is done..

Maybe soon, I will get some video of the kid jaming out on him..

mar142011g.jpg

mar142011j.jpg

Now looking for another Uke project.. Anybody have any basket cases that need a home and voice again?

Aloha Tudorp,
Wow Weeee.. What a beauty or should I say beauties....Nice Job...May I ask how much you spent to get it in that condition and what parts did you buy new for it...Just intrested..thanks for sharing..MM Stan

What a wonderful looking guitar that is now. Congratulations! Of course, your daughter's smile is priceless.

Thanks guys...

Stan Bruddah. I have just under $500 in it. I got the body with a bunch of parts really cheap. the tuners and hardware was all gold tone, which I hate, so selling off the unwanted parts helped off set some of the new upgraded stuff. I got a better Nashville bridge and Gotoh tailpiece which is an upgrade for that guitar. as well as better CTS 500K 10% premium pots, Mil spec PIO caps (best ya can buy), vintage style wiring, stainless braided shielding. And an awesome deal on some really nice pups did the trick. All the finish material used was a high quality Nitroceluous lacquer from a custom guitar shop. So, finding the best of the best, and doing some wheeling and dealing ended up for a grand total of just under 5 bills. Not bad for a guitar that would easily bring $1500. In fact, I just turned down a $1500 offer today. I can't sell that smile on the kids face, lol.. really happy about Hobo's new look and sound.

I showed this before, but here he is again when I first got em. He was in bad shape, cracked neck, really messed up headstock, holes drilled in him believe that or not. All really tough repairs, but I am proud to say, ya can't find any of that damage. All repaired with proper mahogany, blended in, all refinished together, so ya can't even see any of the repairs. Hell, I know where they all are, and I cant even find em now, lol.

1998Gibson1.jpg

just amazing brother Tony. Congrats mate, incredible work. Just thinkin', if his name is Hobo then his nickname's gotta be 'Lazarus' :)

Incredible, beautiful, great job!! Are you sure that's the same guitar?

That is awesome, what a transformation! Glad your daughter loves it, you're such a cool dad!

Top Bottom