Which Capo???

mendel

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a Capo. Which one should I get, and from where???? Suggestions anyone???

I just use one of those cheap elastic ones - a mandolin size - on my tenor. Works just fine.
http://www.jimdunlop.com/category/accessories/capos

This. I had a decent guitar capo that worked perfectly with my Oscar Schmidt but didn't work at all with my Kala. Picked up one of the Dunlop capos for $6 at a random discount store while I was on holiday at Mount Maunganui and it works fine. You can also kinda use it as a slide, if you hold the elastic back (and if you're bored, obviously) :)

I've said it before, and I'm really not joking, your left index finger is the perfect capo. Learn your barre chord shapes and it will open a whole new world for you - any song (well, almost), any key (sort of).

It took me years to learn that lesson on guitar. Even now I sometimes need a capo on the acoustic guitar.

John

I don't use a capo often, but have a kyser banjo/mado model in the case.
At the Gorge Fest concert James Hll used a capo for one song. It looked like a kyser.
I was really surprised when he clamped the thing on at the 2nd fret.

I can vouch for the VolCapo -- I was using a Kyser and though it doesn't protrude much, I was getting weird finger cramps from having to avoid it with my left hand.

I just started uking 1/24/2011 when my Makala Dolphin arrived, so I didn't feel comfy learning/playing Ab Eb, etc for my friend's wedding on 3/19/2011!

The VolCapo works well, and I didn't have to twist around it the way I did for the Kyser.

One day I might get a G7, just b/c I love the engineering!

And yes, my performance at the wedding went well!

Top Bottom