Jake article on using picks

“ookelaylee"???? come on! I know Jake no say um liddat! Bruddah, I agree, no compare Jake to Tiny Tim! Dass not cool man!

they compared him to tiny tim?????? wtf thats total crap:eek:

:biglaugh: seriously, you can't compare that fellah with people even on this forum... too much talents folk

I'm pretty sure Jake does not say "ookelaylee" since he grew up in Hawaii and seriously nobody here says it like that. I'm wondering if the author of the article just faked it and didn't even interview Jake...

I don't know if all of you just missed it..but they definitely said they were joking when he was compared to Tiny Tim.

I'm pretty sure Jake does not say "ookelaylee" since he grew up in Hawaii and seriously nobody here says it like that. I'm wondering if the author of the article just faked it and didn't even interview Jake...

That one radio station interviewed him once, and I swear that's how he said it sometimes. Heck, that's how I say it. I find nothing wrong with that, but then again who am I to say? I'm from the Midwest. All I can really say is that I'm really excited about the new album. Does anyone know when that's coming out?

This thread finally had me checking out this Tiny Tim character and his Tulip Song... Phew... that's pretty scary. He must have been famous in the US mainly? I had never heard of this feller and his yookalaylee.
He reminds me a bit of the antics some Japanese TV-personalities show on screen.

Last edited:
This thread finally had me checking out this Tiny Tim character and his Tulip Song... Phew... that's pretty scary.

I was there when he was... It took me a great many years to put that behind me. I still cringe a little.

I turned 16 in 1968.

I was part of the generation and the scene
that accepted Tiny Tim. I don't think Tiny Tim
was a lot different from many here who would love
to be able to get up & play, maybe sing too, and
feel the love from an audience.

I read a careful essay about TT somewhere and
discovered the he took his persona seriously.
The delusion, the return to obscurity, the failed
marriages, almost literally dying onstage, all make
him a poignant figure.

When folks dis him I wonder, would that
person have the courage to go on stage,
being so very far out and knowing he was
inviting ridicule?

I'm not suggesting he's a great ambassador
for the ukulele, but he's a fair representative
of humanity. Could do worse, certainly.

I read a careful essay about TT somewhere and
discovered the he took his persona seriously.
The delusion, the return to obscurity, the failed
marriages, almost literally dying onstage, all make
him a poignant figure.

And he never gave up. Never got bitter about his fall from the heights. Never changed his basically sweet (if somewhat odd) character. Was on his way back up when he left us. Probably not destined for the same heights as before, but whatever.

God bless Tiny Tim.

I don't get why people seem to absolutely despise Tiny Tim. He was certainly an eccentric, and an acquired taste. You don't have to like his music, but surely he doesn't deserve all this hate.

I don't even really know who Tiny Tim is. Maybe I'll Goggle him. All I know is that he OBVIOUSLY played the ukulele.

Top Bottom