Anyone think there should be a Kanilea GL6 contest ?

Aquila

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right section but its about ukes . Now most of us seen Aldrine's amazing Kanilea GL6 Guitarele . But no one has the money to plan it ... What i was thinking is like the UU Uke Builders should build a guitarele . Now thats a challenge aha (; . Or if UU plan a give away ; We haven't done one in a while . It was only contests . Well C ya leave your thoughts . :)

I'm not sure if this is the right section but its about ukes . Now most of us seen Aldrine's amazing Kanilea GL6 Guitarele . But no one has the money to plan it ... What i was thinking is like the UU Uke Builders should build a guitarele . Now thats a challenge aha (; . Or if UU plan a give away ; We haven't done one in a while . It was only contests . Well C ya leave your thoughts . :)

I may be English, but I don't understand what you are saying.

I may be English, but I don't understand what you are saying.

I'll try to help you out here Ken.

Aquila isn't sure whether this is the right section to post this, but it's regarding ukes. So it should be okay.
Most of the fellow UU'ers have seen Aldrine's amazing Kanile'a Guitarlele.
But no one has the money to obtain one. (Not too sure If i got this right)
What Aquila thinks is that the fellow Luthiers here, should do something like they did last time. A collaboration. Only this time, a guitarlele, instead of a soprano.

(Okay this part gets a little tricky, not too sure If i translated it right)
Aquila thinks UU should plan a give away, because there wasn't any give away contests recently, Only contests were held)

Well I interpreted it that way.

I'll try to help you out here Ken.

Aquila isn't sure whether this is the right section to post this, but it's regarding ukes. So it should be okay.
Most of the fellow UU'ers have seen Aldrine's amazing Kanile'a Guitarlele.
But no one has the money to obtain one. (Not too sure If i got this right)
What Aquila thinks is that the fellow Luthiers here, should do something like they did last time. A collaboration. Only this time, a guitarlele, instead of a soprano.

(Okay this part gets a little tricky, not too sure If i translated it right)
Aquila thinks UU should plan a give away, because there wasn't any give away contests recently, Only contests were held)

Well I interpreted it that way.

Hahahahaha. Outstanding!

I bet it took years of study to be able to translate so fluently. I understood every word.

I have played Aldrine's 6 string. It is a wonder to behold. It feels very, very different to any guitar I have played. If you think of it as a small guitar, it just doesn't feel right. It is definately a ukulele. I talked with Joe, of Kanile'a, about it: it braced like a uke and designed to be played like a uke. Amazing instrument.

Well no Ken, I'm only passing on what i understand. :)

And as for years of study, I'm only studying as a first year Uni student!

That's okay, Ken, I think there are others who felt the same, just you were the honest one who said so.
With a name like Aquila, he must be Italian, so ESL is right up that alley. Can't possibly be calling himself Aquila because of the strings, right?

There is no information about this person. He (or she) certainly isn't from the string company. And "aquila" just means "eagle".

Sorry for my English . People around me are influence with slang . And i'm Filipino . Soo any thoughts anyone ?

Top Bottom