Article on Jake in No Depression

ceviche

Reaction score
Not sure how many people here know about No Depression, an online music magazine devoted to American Roots music. Well, their latest issue has a great article devoted to Jake Shimabukuro. Here's the link: http://www.nodepression.com/profiles/blogs/hawaiis-stringed-prophet-jake.
It's a very nice write up, though slightly hyperbolic at times. It also announces an up-coming show in San Diego. Enjoy!

--Dave E.

Interesting read :)

Aloha Ceviche,
Nice article and read....thank you for sharing...enjoyed it very much..MM Stan

Nice! I did see that, being a huge guitar-based music and all, pretty rad to see the 'ukulele in there!

No Depression, when they were a print magazine, rivaled the hey-days of Rolling Stone for their depth of music journalism. ND has traditionally focused on the Americana and alt-Country genres of music; however, it seems they have broadened their reach to beyond Mainland North America. Perhaps they are now defining their interest to be more "American Roots" music. I can live with that--especially when the uke gets its day in the sun!

Aloha!
--Dave E.

SIgh...makes me miss getting my print issues in the mail for this once AMAZING publication- off to read the article- thanks for the reminder that they (in some incarnation) are still there.

They DID add 100 years to the history of the ukulele. A bit anal, maybe, but I LOVE the fact that the ukulele is so young. If it was from the 18th century, it would be older than all sorts of other instruments, and that would be a shame.

They DID add 100 years to the history of the ukulele. A bit anal, maybe, but I LOVE the fact that the ukulele is so young. If it was from the 18th century, it would be older than all sorts of other instruments, and that would be a shame.

Too funny! Some forget that the 19th Century covers the century of the 1800's. Oh well...

Top Bottom