The Skylark UK22N Concert

FlakMonkey

Reaction score
Skylark UK22N Concert.

Is it a good instrument?

I'm looking to get a cheap, yet relatively good quality concert, preferably one that's UU approved. I couldn't find a balanced review online, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very thankful!

How About a Mainland??? from any of the M dealers here ...The two Mikes, MGM, MiM.. not sure how much it would be to send it to you but...Good Luck!! Happy Strummings...

Depends on your price range. It certainly appears to be the equal of Lanikas and/or Kala laminates with spruce top, priced right, and that spruce top would make it sound much better than most laminated ukes in it's price range.

Depends on your price range. It certainly appears to be the equal of Lanikas and/or Kala laminates with spruce top, priced right, and that spruce top would make it sound much better than most laminated ukes in it's price range.

"Better" can be pretty relative. Spruce tends to be quite bright so if the mfr doesn't really know what they're doing with it you might get something that's loud but also obnoxious. Of course, if you like loud and obnoxious even that can be a good thing.

John

"Better" can be pretty relative. Spruce tends to be quite bright so if the mfr doesn't really know what they're doing with it you might get something that's loud but also obnoxious. Of course, if you like loud and obnoxious even that can be a good thing.

John

Of course, "Loud and Obnoxious can be pretty relative" too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most laminated mahogany ukes are not likely to be "too bright" with a spruce top.....many of them will just sound like a much higher quality mahogany uke, at least the ones I've heard both live and on YouTube. Have read a few posts where other ukers were saying the same thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom