Leolani Ukuleles?

salsarocket

Reaction score
The two ukuleles I have are both Leolani brand. They were both gifts, so I don't know too much about them. There is next to nothing on the internet, so if anyone's got any info at all, it'd be better than nothing.

Trying searching this forum. From what I read, they are considered in the beginner/toy-ish range. Maybe something good to keep in the car during traffic or long stop lights.

Leolani actually has two "types" of ukulele - the tourist/toy uke and the beginner instrument for playing type of uke.

I have a Zebrawood Tenor Leolani (actually my son does, I handed it down to him when I upgraded to a Koaloha). There is very little projection when it comes to the sound and the box is extremely heavy as compared to my Koaloha Tenor. If you need to get more sound out of your Leolani, I highly suggest getting some brighter strings (ie. Aquila's) - they might help. But soon enough, you'll want to upgrade. I know I did.

My original starter uke was a Leolani Super Soprano. It wasn't a bad starter. The intonation & action are pretty decent and for a cheaper Chinese laminate it didn't sound too bad. I played the snot out of mine before I decided I was ready to move up a step or two on the quality scale and get a regular Concert size instrument.

I also had the luxury of having a rack of ukuleles to try before I settled on the one I got. It was definitely the pick of the litter. (I also had my wife and mother in law standing by for second opinions)

They're probably as good as any as a starter instrument to try out and learn a bit on before upgrading. Certainly feel pretty sturdy.

Leolani actually has two "types" of ukulele - the tourist/toy uke and the beginner instrument for playing type of uke.

I've got one of the toy ones, and I love it- it's very small, so I can just toss it in my bag if I want to take it anywhere, and it' s not very loud, so I can play it without disturbing anyone who might be sleeping nearby. Plus, because it's just a toy I don't have to worry about keeping it properly humidified or treating it with any care whatsoever.

Top Bottom