transducer stick-on pickups

The people at Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach said they were good (they sell a similar pickup, different brand). I have not tried it though. Hmm this one's $10 cheaper than theirs :)

Incidentally I wonder if anyone's tried one on a guitar too?

The people at Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach said they were good (they sell a similar pickup, different brand). I have not tried it though. Hmm this one's $10 cheaper than theirs :)

Incidentally I wonder if anyone's tried one on a guitar too?
I bought one from Island Bazaar and have been using it. Played a gig on Sunday with the band I just joined and it worked great. I can switch back and forth from my soprano to my baritone with no problem.

Well, personally I have used that exact one and I really don't care for it.
It's get's really bad adhesive buildup wherever you put it and you get a butt load of feed back. . .I mean don't get me wrong, it servered it's purpose, I just don't really care for it. :/

I have this exact one. To be honest, I don't like it. Anytime my arm moves on the ukulele, it gets picked up, which annoys me, but the sticky goo in the back leaves a residue on my ukulele, that I can't get off. I ended up sticking it to the back of the headstock, between the tuners to hide any damage it might do. But that's just my experience.

I think Kyle is talking about when you move your right arm like if you adjust your grip or such. I have the same transducer and have not had any problems when playing gigs... Yeah it picks up the creaks when you move when you aren't playing... But I like it... Should be good ;)

I use electrical tape instead of the black glue... I do agree the black stuff is a nusence...

I used this pickup to do all of my recordings so far. The residue does happen to stick onto the uke, but i've figured out a way so that it is practically minimal to none left behind. I'm pretty sure it'd sound good with a pre-amp, but I still use it without one and am satisfied with the results.

i want a pickup, but i want a good amp or whatever u call it as well

anybody got any good amps... that arnt $300... cause this pickup looks good

I purchased my amp for $60 at a local music store and it has a slew of options on it from reverb to tremelo speeds and it is a Vox amp. It's really good to go to a music store that has traded-in equipment with your uke because you'll never know what kind of deals there are until you go. Better than taking the risk of buying something online and having it turn out crappy

I purchased my amp for $60 at a local music store and it has a slew of options on it from reverb to tremelo speeds and it is a Vox amp. It's really good to go to a music store that has traded-in equipment with your uke because you'll never know what kind of deals there are until you go. Better than taking the risk of buying something online and having it turn out crappy

AUSTRALIA = NOTHING UKULELE...

xcept Gaby :)

the people that own and play an ukulele, are on this forum.... and there is 4 - in whom i know of

internet my only resource for anything ukulele, i can never play an ukulele before buying... buy and like, buy and make a contest and give away

note to everybody, if u like the ukulele and want to improve, aussie.... not the place to be

Well...if you don't like the gummy stuff, you could always do like the old-timers here in Hawaii do: BIG RUBBERBAND...hehe, it get's the job done

I came across a rubberband in some packaging material. It's 3/4" wide with a 1/4" open slot (spaced out) running down the middle. The cord fits in the slot and the pick-up is covered by the rubberband. It works for me.

No holes or sticky stuff on my uke.

Move your pick up around the right side of bridge and find the sweet spot. My spot is on the low end of the bridge.

And yea, brah, I am an old timer.:nana:

AUSTRALIA = NOTHING UKULELE...

xcept Gaby :)

the people that own and play an ukulele, are on this forum.... and there is 4 - in whom i know of

internet my only resource for anything ukulele, i can never play an ukulele before buying... buy and like, buy and make a contest and give away

note to everybody, if u like the ukulele and want to improve, aussie.... not the place to be

Well, my amp isn't "made" for a ukulele. It's just a regular amplifier for a guitar. There has to be at least ONE music store that sells guitar equipment and electronics in Australia.

All of Australia can't be musically uncultured.

australia = nothing but aussie stuff, which is the thing i hate most about Australia..

so, an ukulele pickup... goes into any amp??

Almost all pickups, to my knowledge, use 1/4" (quarter-inch) plugs. The dean markley pickup (that I have and is listed above) comes with a standard 1/4" plug. Other external "stick-on" pickups will most likely have 1/4" plugs too that will connect to a guitar amp that has a jack made for those types of plugs.

Besides, electronics stores have made different adapters to turn 1/4" into 1/8" (headphone jack size) plugs and vice versa. That's how I record my uke through the microphone jack on my computer :D.

Almost all pickups, to my knowledge, use 1/4" (quarter-inch) plugs. The dean markley pickup (that I have and is listed above) comes with a standard 1/4" plug. Other external "stick-on" pickups will most likely have 1/4" plugs too that will connect to a guitar amp that has a jack made for those types of plugs.

Besides, electronics stores have made different adapters to turn 1/4" into 1/8" (headphone jack size) plugs and vice versa. That's how I record my uke through the microphone jack on my computer :D.

ill buy a pick up and take it into the music store and see wat they got

ill buy it soon haha

haha. let us know how it goes. Looking for that perfect amp is just like looking for that perfect ukulele.

Oh man, I hope my friend didn't end up getting one of these external amps. He was talking about getting one since he didn't want to drill holes into his Koaloha...I'm thinking the drilling and having a neat internal solution would be better than having sticky goo left on your koa.

But man, I'm pretty sure Guting has an external pickup held on by grey duct tape...so that's the most extreme I have ever seen.

Top Bottom