Kanilea with ebay bridge pins

Kauai808

Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with my stock pins. In fact, I think the stocks mop inlays match the fret board markers better. As you kanilea guys know there isn't much selection of ukulele sized pins. Just some wood ones I think. Wasn't what I was looking for so I tried ebay.
Wife and son both agree my new pins are hideous and should be removed asap!! I admit they are a little "big" looking. Wasn't really what I had envisioned. What do you guys think? Be honest, I can handle it.
There is a picture of stock kanilea pin and ebay pin for comparison purposes.

Attachments

• Kanilea 2.jpg
    Kanilea 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Kanilea 4.jpg
    Kanilea 4.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Kanilea 1.jpg
    Kanilea 1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Kanilea 3.jpg
    Kanilea 3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Last edited:
Stewmac was the first place I tried but they won't send to countries outside the States - neither will they send abalone or pearl blanks. Must be something to do with prohibited imports into Australia.

Huh. That must have changed. I got some bridge pins from them once for another uke a year or so ago. They shipped to Finland with no problems. I do wish they had more wood pin options though. I really do need to bling out the bridge pins. :)

I think they look fine. I definitely don't think they are hideous.

Maybe it's just the photos, but had you not said they were new pins I probably wouldn't have noticed the size difference.

Definitely not hideous. IMHO...

It looks fine to me. I use some koa pins purchased from Stewmac on my Kanile'a. The head on the Stewmac pins are the same size as the stock Kanile'a pins, but the pin itself is thicker, so they stick out just a little bit more.

Top Bottom