Sungha Jung plays While My Guitar Gently Weeps. GG

experimentjon

Reaction score

This kid kills it on Guitar. Total Korean Prodigy. And now it looks like he can play piano and ukulele too.

Now what type of ukulele is that with the Henkels man on top?

Pretty good cover. Thanks for sharing!

Pretty sure it's an aNueNue!

Yes, it is.

If you watch the video closely, you can see that he gets somewhat "mechanical" when he gets faster. He is better on guitar than ukulele. I do like the way he made some subtle changes from Jake's rendition... but I wouldn't say he made it his own.

Hahaha, great performance... and a great thing to rub into guitar-playing-Sungha-Jung-fan's faces :D
That's right! Even Sungha Jung plays uke

I've seen this kid when he was still very young!
And now... WOW! He picks up the ukulele and plays extremely well!!!

This tells me that I need to practice more!
Thanks for sharing!

Wow he's really good, haven't seen him play guitar, but he rocks on the Uke! Time for more practise I think!

the first time I saw him was after someone posted one of his videos on UU saying: Someone give this kid a uke, he's gonna be amazing!

so I've been waiting for this to happen...

hehe

btw, the description says: "Sungha played 'Anuenue Custom Ohua Koa III Tenor Ukulele'"

My favorite youtuber, playing a song from my favorite ukulele player of one of my favorite songs. It was amazing. I hope he does more ukulele songs and piano to.

Wow he's really good, haven't seen him play guitar, but he rocks on the Uke! Time for more practise I think!

You've got to watch him play guitar. He is significantly better on 6 strings. Give him a Guitarlele and faces will melt.

the first time I saw him was after someone posted one of his videos on UU saying: Someone give this kid a uke, he's gonna be amazing!

so I've been waiting for this to happen...

hehe

btw, the description says: "Sungha played 'Anuenue Custom Ohua Koa III Tenor Ukulele'"

I guess I stopped reading YT descriptions ever since they changed the layout. But yes, it's awesome that he's got a uke now!

One thing I noticed, on top of all that talent, he has long thin fingers just like Jake.

I didn't realize it until I watched Jake play Hallelujah and saw how many frets he stretches across to play some of those combinations.

I'd need both hands to reach those notes and then I'd have to strum with my toes.

John

I don't mean to hijack the thread in any way, but here's video of sungha playing Michael Jackson's 'Beat it'. Enjoy!

Wow :speechless: He is VERY good and I'm not one for guitars, prefer Ukes, but that is way beyond awesome!

It's very nice that he's getting his hands on an uke but for following him for a while, I find him much more impressive on a guitar than a uke.....I think it's on a guitar that he can really show how skilled he is....but for sure he's still awesome on an uke!!!

I think he sounds more ''flat'' on an uke compare to guitar where he's like a prodigal son!!!

Top Bottom