The fastest Argapa build ever

Sven

Reaction score
Hi all, on thursday evening last week I started to resaw some quite small pieces of ye olde mahogany that lies here and there in the shop. It's for a soprano in the basic but tried style of my own number 1.

You can see the entire process so far by following this link: http://argapa.blogspot.com/search/label/29

But here's a few pics for those of you who can't be arsed to go all the way over to the blog.

The raw material:
bild-701391.JPG

Monday evening:
bild-712424.JPG

This morning:
bild-762899.JPG

This hadn't been a big deal if it wasn't for the fact that I somehow manage to do a decent job at the office as well. And every step of the build has so far gone quickly and smoothly. I think my need for a change from just building piccolos has everything to do with the speed, but also the fact that it's for a very patient and courteous customer.

Sven

That reminds me of an idea I had the other day, mentioned it to the wife and she was like, ummm I dunno. Anyway, the idea was to have a race, from basic stock to finish. But then after viewing the blood sprays and flying digits in my head I concluded it's probably not such a good idea, the wifey agreed.

Nice job BTW.

Love it, just goes to show what determination and talent can do without the host of all the tools. I like the Zyliss vice in the background, I still have mine and still use it after 30+ years.

Sven, your #29 has a beautiful balanced tone. Now I wonder if that's the 50 year old mahogany, or the bracing....

Or maybe just the fishing line ;)

Great work!

Top Bottom