The Holy Ukulele KoAloha Soprano Uke for Tsunami Relief

MaysaHawaii

Reaction score
Aloha Uke lovers,

I know this is what it's meant to be. I'm going to donate this holy uke for the people of Japan (Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund - a GlobalGiving Project) . Please read the story behind this ukulele below. I'm going to ask KoAloha to send you the letter of authentication and you will receive a thank you note from my family as well. Please help the people of Japan who are in need. I will ship worldwide. Mahalo from my heart.

MaysaHawaii

www.BaanUkulele.com
Facebook: Baan Ukulele
Youtube: MaysaHawaii
Thailand's Uke Community

Please see the listing.

Ebay Item number: 120698946677

http://cgi.ebay.com/Holy-Ukulele-Ko...ltDomain_0&hash=item1c1a37c475#ht_4382wt_1092

Aloha Pat,

Thanks so much for your email :)*I have something I would like you to let Papa know.

Today I read the news about Tsunami in Japan and a Japanese musician donating his piano to help raise the fund and I thought to myself if there's anything I could do.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/03/x-japans-yoshiki-is-donating-his-piano-for-earthquake-relief/

I have one soprano KoAloha that Papa gave me a while ago. It's a very special uke and I have never thought about selling it.*

Here's the story.

That day my whole family went to KoAloha to see him and asked him to play a song on my video camera to promote KoAloha and say Hello to BaanUkulele.com, the Thai ukulele community that I started.

Papa was so nice and agreed to do it. He picked one ukulele from his work table and hurriedly put on his signature uniform and a hat and started playing

(here is the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm1vol16few

I've never heard of this song before. There's something in this song that was so touching and so powerful.

I asked him how to play this song and he replied "Peng, I give you this ukulele. This is for you. You play this song to your son Koa like this at night" and he played it slowly again and surprisingly it sounded like a different song.

It's slower than the first time around he played with more picking and less strumming and I knew by heart that this song is for my family. It's not for a video camera. It's a personal song just for my family. I don't know how to explain but I felt almost like the world stopped spinning and in slow motion. All of a sudden everything was so quiet and the only sound that I heard came from that tiny ukulele.

I felt every note and every melody that he played. Every note, one by one. They poured into my heart. I can't explain the feeling in words.*I couldn't help myself but cried happily. There was something in the ukulele and the way that Papa played it that stunned every person in the room. It was so emotional.

I gave him a big hug and said that it was so beautiful.*It was soothing, touching and just pure beautiful. Everyone in the room has tears in their eyes including Papa himself. It was definitely a miracle moment.

Papa asked me, my wife and son, Alan and Ed to hold each other's hands to make a circle and we prayed together. He held the ukulele and thanks the Lord and asked him to bless me, my family and everyone. He asked the Lord to bless the ukulele that made that miracle. Something brought us together on that day and made the miracle in that room. It's the ukulele.

After that, I remember he hurriedly called you on the phone and explained what just happened. His voice on the phone was full of joy. It was one of the happiest days in my life. I've kept this uke in a safe play and played it for my son*ever since. This ukulele is the holy ukulele and sentimental that I've never thought of parting with it let alone selling.

However, for a good cause, I'm going to donate this ukulele for charity. This is what it's meant to be. This uke is for Love. It had been played on the song "Love, this is my song" and it was blessed. I would feel selfish if I keep this uke for myself. Look at the news and the pictures of the earthquake's victims. Love is what we need right now. We are so lucky that it didn't happen to us or our loved ones.

I'm going to auction this ukulele to raise some money and to help people in need. I'm going to donate all the money I got from this ukulele to the salvation army's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief.

https://donate.salvationarmyusa.org...I3OLLbIWLdNOLaKTJaPZKvL5KiO0LkIVI8OVLnKTLeOaE

Could you please let Papa know that I'm going to part with this uke? and I won't be able to play it for my son anymore but that song and that moment is forever in my mind. My family is so grateful to have possessed this ukulele for a while. My eyes filled with tears while writing this email. I cry happy tears every time I think about it.

I'm sure this uke is going to find a good home and it's going to bring a lot more love and joy to the world.

Mahalo

Peng

Aloha Peng:

I have just read your* e-mail and am so touched by your heart. You have the heart of KoAloha and we are so blessed to have you as a dear friend. You are definitely a part of our ohana(Family) and are so happy to know that you are going to give your precious KoAloha ukulele to the people of Japan. You have made almighty God so happy* and He will be the one to bless you because of what you are going to do. Thank you for writing to me and telling me your plans. Please be assured that your son will not be without an ukulele for a long time. As soon as I can, I will find another beautiful ukulele especially for your son Koa. Let us continue to do whatever we can to help the people of Japan until they can get back on the road to recovery.

I will treasure this letter and look forward to when we can get together again.

Alvin & Pat Okami

Please see the listing.

Ebay Item number: 120698946677

http://cgi.ebay.com/Holy-Ukulele-Ko...ltDomain_0&hash=item1c1a37c475#ht_4382wt_1092

I'll get the ball rolling. What a wonderful gesture for a worthy cause!

Wow, your special uke, what a gift from the heart!

You are the kind of person that makes me get out of bed each day- a truly beautiful gesture.

that uke is gaining momentum on ebay! Way to take action!

Update: KoAloha agreed to compose a letter to whomever will purchase the uke. I'm so thankful. Thanks to all the readers and bidders who help the people of Japan.

Last edited:
Mahalo. I'm just trying to help the best I can. The uke community here is so warm and so welcome.

You are the kind of person that makes me get out of bed each day- a truly beautiful gesture.

Top Bottom