"They're Wearing 'Em Higher In Hawaii"

H

Hippie Dribble

1916. words Joe Goodwin, music Halsey K. Mohr

another fun tune from ye olden golden days of ukedom, with one of those gloriously cheesy titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BInad3BkD94

I recorded it on a collings concert uke, whilst wearing - for the first and quite possibly last time - my only Hawaiian shirt. :eek: aah, the things we do...

thanks for taking a look, hope you enjoy it!

Aloha Eugene Ukulele,
As always, good job. Enjoyed it very much. Keep up with the awesome energy you display in your vids.....keep'um coming.......BO................

thanks for the comments Dave and Bo. Hope you're feeling much better after the flu Dave. Lovin your new videos. And aloha Bo, you're awesome Bruddah and know that you are often in my thoughts and prayers mate.

Great fun song. The shirt rocks! Thanks for entertaining so well.
Don

fun song...great playing and singing. thx for sharing! the tone of the Collings was a great fit.

cheers Don, macey and Hobbit. good on you guys. It's a great fun tune to play for sure, so cheesy and typical of lots of tunes American songwriters were composing around that time as they cashed in on the first uke 'boom'. Thanks for posting a comment fellas. :)

Wow! The collings sounds and looks gorgeous!
And have i said you sing and play wonderfully? :)

Maybe the fine folks at Collings will give him an endorsement deal?<hint>

Who else makes those Collings ukes sound so sweet?:cheers:

Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
Wow Weee.. another hit mate.....just love you can play them off the top of your head.....maybe the secret is under all your caps....he he...
And that collins sounds great.....well you make any uke sound great.....I really like this one, never heard it before though....As for your shirt
it's a classic one and nice... BTW, I like it...Happy Strummings and keep them coming....MM Stan

I recorded it on a collings concert uke, whilst wearing - for the first and quite possibly last time - my only Hawaiian shirt.

Sweet, fun, & proficient. Love the added percussion ala Roy Smeck & the clear enjoyment you express when you play. But, surely among all those many uke you are acquiring, you could get a few more than just ONE Aloha shirt? What's your size, mate? Perhaps we UU'ers need to get up a collection of our favorites to make up a care package for our Tasmanian "devil".

Maybe we can get Mike at Uke Republic to pad the box w/ a few for the next uke you buy from him.

Mahalo!

Lexxy and cletus,

you guys are awesome. :eek: I have a lot of ukes but seems everytime lately I think to play a tune I immediately gravitate to this Collings one. It's just so smooth to play it's ridiculous. So well made, the balance of it is amazing and light as a feather. :)

Stan and Glenn

thanks fellas for the positive feedback and encouragement. :)

The Hawaiian shirt I got from fleamarketmusic a couple of years back. Little did I realise the shirt sizes are maybe a bit different in US. It's like a tent on me which is a main reason I don't wear it much! But I just thought I couldn't sing a song called "They're Wearin Em Higher In Hawaii" without dressing suitably for the occasion:eek:

And very kind thought Glenn, I appreciate it mate. Still tempted by that anuenue 1879...hmmmmmm....(would have bought that by now actually but as I was considering it, those blackstripe mya moe tenors came up and I had to decide quick) :uhoh:

Top Bottom