Ukulele tips

Ghostsoul♫

Reaction score
Hey, i'm new to this site and to this instrument and I was wondering if anybody had any good tips for things like:

-strumming
-playing chords
-easier play
-any chords that you really need to know
-anything else that is helpful

(This is the first string instrument I've ever tried learning with the exeption of the piano)
thanks for all your help

Aloha Ghostsoul,
Welcome to the UU and our forums...(E komo mai) have fun and enjoy...google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax( for his chords, click the arrow or more under the video)for awesome ukulele video tutorials..
Happy Strummings ...MM Stan...

I started with Uncle Rod's Ukulele Bootcamp, just trying to learn chords by playing a few songs wasn't working for me.

Check out Aldrine's videos on the main page - lots of good stuff and the answers to all of your questions.

Aloha and Welcome to the UU Family.

Below my signature are a couple of links for you to use freely.

Enjoy and keep uke'in',

This forum and the main site are certainly a good place to start.

You should also check out Ukulele Hunt - I'm finding it helpful as I learn at the moment as well.

Otherwise just do a Google search and see what you find. It seems there's a lot of info out there.

Check out Aldrine's videos on the main page - lots of good stuff and the answers to all of your questions.

I second this suggestion. But as a newcomer I have noticed no simple click through to get from the forums to the main UU site with the instructional videos.

Am I missing something? Entirely probable, but if it's not there I may post a site suggestion for that.

uncle phil

Play what you like and like what you play I suppose lol. I like youtube because I don't have others playing around me. I think to learn what others have learned would speed things up definitely but there is no abundance of ukulele anything really..... (maybe there is in Hawaii but not in TN) but then again a lot of guitar and mandolin players transfer their skills quickly and can be teachers.... but there are uke specific things that I think I need to be around some uke players to learn, like the cool strums that are only played on uke.

Last edited:
Aloha Ghostsoul,
Welcome to the UU and our forums...(E komo mai) have fun and enjoy...google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax( for his chords, click the arrow or more under the video)for awesome ukulele video tutorials..
Happy Strummings ...MM Stan...

Aloha and welcome!! I second mm stans suggestion!! Both are excellent sites!

Loads of info on this site - and dont be afraid to ask daft questions - everyone is great!

I have a whole range of beginner tips on my site which, I think, cover what you are looking for and more. There are also a range of chord charts

See - http://gotaukulele.blogspot.com/p/beginners-guides.html

Tried downloading Uncle Rod's Bootcamp - figure I needed some discipline - but I just got a page that said I had to become a premium member to download the material. Is there any way to avoid that?

Thanks Kanaka. I had seen a download button there, but it seemed to be next to an advert for something else. I've been burned before at similar sites, you think you pressed download for what you want and you end up with spyware or worse. BB

I know what you mean. If you still can't get it or apprehensive about the download, PM me your email and I'll send it.

Thank you everyone! i should have mentioned this earlier, but i have dial-up internet and I can't watch videos :( sorry. also pauljmuk, huna, kanaka, and other people that refered me to a website, thanks!! :D

Top Bottom