PDA

View Full Version : Any peep from Epiphone yet?

Tudorp
03-17-2011, 02:57 AM
Ok, any word from Epiphone yet on their Les Paul Uke release? I got a Bengi burning a hole in my pocket!!!

dip.mojica
03-17-2011, 03:19 AM
i'm curious as well. my younger brother would love a les paul ukulele!

waveydavey
03-17-2011, 06:12 AM
I've been wondering the same thing myself. I know the word here on UU was March, and March is half over already. I was beginning to wonder if any of the folks who preordered had gotten theirs yet.

Tudorp
03-17-2011, 06:25 AM
I've been wondering the same thing myself. I know the word here on UU was March, and March is half over already. I was beginning to wonder if any of the folks who preordered had gotten theirs yet.

No.. I think I was #2 on the pre-orders. But, in all fairness forcast was mid to late March, but no real release "date".

PedalFreak
03-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Still saying "Mid to Late March" so, since "Mid" is gone, I'm guessing Late :D

waveydavey
03-17-2011, 06:45 AM
No.. I think I was #2 on the pre-orders. But, in all fairness forcast was mid to late March, but no real release "date".

I just remember March was mentioned. I'm in no real hurry to buy one...still just learning to play. LOL I'm curious to hear other's opinions of it when they do get them, because it's definitely something I'm interested in buying in the future.

dip.mojica
03-17-2011, 08:05 AM
and they're going for 99$ right? i cant wait to get my hands on one!

Tudorp
03-17-2011, 08:18 AM
and they're going for 99$ right? i cant wait to get my hands on one!

Yes, street price of $99.

raecarter
03-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Yes, street price of $99.

I'm relying on your immediate review tudorp!

ksiegel
03-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Ok, any word from Epiphone yet on their Les Paul Uke release? I got a Bengi burning a hole in my pocket!!!

I've been checking with the Epi Dealer I've ordered mine from - he said that they haven't given him a date yet. Most of the other product he has on order shows up approx 3 weeks after it is ordered. He ordered the Epi Les Paul Uke for me approximately one month ago.

I'm waiting patiently....

(yeah, patiently my butt! i want it YESTERDAY!)

-kurt

bazmaz
03-17-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm wanting one of these (subject to reviews telling me it isnt a complete bag of spanners)

OldePhart
03-17-2011, 12:58 PM
I got a Bengi burning a hole in my pocket!!!
I hate to see you risking serious injury that way. Would you like my mailing address so you can send it to me? LOL

John

Tudorp
03-17-2011, 01:02 PM
I hate to see you risking serious injury that way. Would you like my mailing address so you can send it to me? LOL

John

You bet. If you got an epiphone les paul uke, you got a deal.. ;)

knadles
03-18-2011, 06:29 AM
I'm wanting one of these (subject to reviews telling me it isnt a complete bag of spanners)

I think "Complete Bag of Spanners" would make a great name for an album!

-Pete

Tudorp
03-18-2011, 06:45 AM
bag of spanners

lol.. Is that a Brittish thing? What is spanners? I guess over here in the USA, it would be "Big bag of Spam" hahha.. Altho, I love Spam.. ;)

waveydavey
03-18-2011, 09:36 AM
lol.. Is that a Brittish thing? What is spanners? I guess over here in the USA, it would be "Big bag of Spam" hahha.. Altho, I love Spam.. ;)
I believe that is a British thing...I always thought a spanner is what we Yanks call a wrench.

joeybug
03-18-2011, 09:39 AM
I believe that is a British thing...I always thought a spanner is what we Yanks call a wrench.

It is what you Americans call a wrench...

Tudorp
03-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Ahh.. Well then.. I could always use a bag of spanners.. Well, long as they aint Metric!!! hahhah..

pdxuke
03-18-2011, 12:00 PM
It is what you Americans call a wrench...

It must be an idiom meaning "waste" or "bag of junk". We like wrenches in our idioms too--like "throw a monkey wrench" into it.

What is the origin of "bag of spanners?"

kenikas
03-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Ahh.. Well then.. I could always use a bag of spanners.. Well, long as they aint Metric!!! hahhah..

If you think a metric bag of spanners would be difficult, try finding a full bag of "British Standard" spanners!

waveydavey
03-18-2011, 01:11 PM
You never know when you might need metric sized. I suppose a mixed bag of spanners would be useful. lol

waveydavey
03-18-2011, 01:20 PM
What is the origin of "bag of spanners?"

Couldn't find anything on the origins of the phrase, but Urban Dictionary defines a bag of spanners as:
A product, device or service that appears to work, but when you look deeper turns out to be a collection of badly thought out and badly implemented ideas that is going to cause you no end of grief.
Also, someone with a really ugly face.

ksiegel
03-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Once again, I stopped into the local epi dealer where I ordered my Les Paul Uke - they have had no communication regarding the shipping date.

On a lark, i called SamAsh.com, sine they appear to be taking orders. When I spoke to the sales rep, he said that they "don't show a surplus of the product, meaning that the units we've gotten in have already shipped. But you can order one now - we'll just backorder it,and when they come in we'll get it to you."

I asked if he had an arrival date listed, and he said no. I asked if what he was telling me is that there have been actual ukuleles received by Sam Ash, and that these ukuleles have actually been shipped to customers. He said that he is pretty sure that's the case.

I'm pretty sure that he was giving me a load of horse manure, so I declined his kind offer to place an order for me.

Aaaaaaaaand we're back to square one: Has anyone been able to confirm that a Epi Les Paul Uke has actually been shipped?

-Kurt

pdxuke
03-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Couldn't find anything on the origins of the phrase, but Urban Dictionary defines a bag of spanners as:
A product, device or service that appears to work, but when you look deeper turns out to be a collection of badly thought out and badly implemented ideas that is going to cause you no end of grief.
Also, someone with a really ugly face.

Fascinating! many thanks for that!