A Flea! A surf soprano flea!

uncle phil

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Well I got my first uke last week!

flea photo.jpg

I am terrifically excited and pleased with it. :D:D I play a little guitar but don't know much about ukes, other than what I have learned from the online community at large, in fact this is the first one I think I have ever strummed! But she sounds great to my uneducated ear anyway.

And a special shout goes out to Phyllis at Magic Fluke for expediting my order so that it was waiting for me when I got home from the hospital last week. Playing this thing has really kept up my spirits as I am mostly couch-bound for my recovery. (Nothing serious, just a very minor foot injury that the doc fixed up great, but I am stuck on crutches for a bit. :()

Thanks to everyone on the forum for my uke education, I felt very comfortable with my choice even before I got it. Also thanks to janeray, who answered a few questions I had about hawaiian ukes (one day ...).

I'll post a review when I have played her a bit more and can get around to taking a decent picture.

Mahalo,

uncle phil

Welcome to UU and congratulations on the new ukulele! Good luck with your foot injury. My ukuleles helped me get through some torn leg muscles from a fall (ironically, at an ukulele festival) several months ago.

Enjoy your Flea! :)
I had a similar experience, I busted my knee and when I was at home recovering my bass helped me not die of boredom!
(Watching the same TV Cooks re-runs every day gets boring fast...:p)

Flea therapy is an excellent way to get better fast!
And the folks at Fluke are famous for their first rate service.
Enjoy!

Welcome to the UU. Enjoy your new uke.

Welcome to UU!

Nice choice for a first uke. You can take that thing everywhere and anywhere.

Welcome to UU, great choice for a first Uke! I hope you feel better soon!

Nice one, Phil!

I was looking at that pattern on a concert Fluke when I was at Magic Fluke yesterday - it was in my top 3 choices,but I ended up getting a tenor mahogany top Fluke instead.

Isn't Phyllis great? She and Dale were super welcoming! I'm already planning a return trip when my Banjo Uke is ready!

-Kurt

Uke therapy is the best therapy!

Aloha Uncle Phil,
Welcome to the UU and the froums and congratulatinons on your new surf flea..it looks awesome....I hope you''re feeling better too...and be walking pretty soon...what a better way to spend time than play your Surf flea..and recovering!!! How cool...Happy Strummings, MM Stan....

Welcome to UU! You will have fun with the Flea-don't sell it like I did-many regrets!

hi Uncle Phil

and warmest welcomes to the forums mate. I have a little flea too and I play it all the time. Such a big sound for a little body, eh. Hope you recover fast and get plenty of playing time in during your healing!!! :)

Aloha Uncle Phil:

Speedy recovery and welcome to the uke world! A flea is a great way to start!

Many thanks for the enthusiastic welcomes and the warm wishes!

Top Bottom