PDA

View Full Version : A Flea! A surf soprano flea!

uncle phil
03-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Hey Folks,

Well I got my first uke last week!

I am terrifically excited and pleased with it. :D:D I play a little guitar but don't know much about ukes, other than what I have learned from the online community at large, in fact this is the first one I think I have ever strummed! But she sounds great to my uneducated ear anyway.

And a special shout goes out to Phyllis at Magic Fluke for expediting my order so that it was waiting for me when I got home from the hospital last week. Playing this thing has really kept up my spirits as I am mostly couch-bound for my recovery. (Nothing serious, just a very minor foot injury that the doc fixed up great, but I am stuck on crutches for a bit. :()

Thanks to everyone on the forum for my uke education, I felt very comfortable with my choice even before I got it. Also thanks to janeray, who answered a few questions I had about hawaiian ukes (one day ...).

I'll post a review when I have played her a bit more and can get around to taking a decent picture.

Mahalo,

uncle phil

mds725
03-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Welcome to UU and congratulations on the new ukulele! Good luck with your foot injury. My ukuleles helped me get through some torn leg muscles from a fall (ironically, at an ukulele festival) several months ago.

greenway
03-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Enjoy your Flea! :)
I had a similar experience, I busted my knee and when I was at home recovering my bass helped me not die of boredom!
(Watching the same TV Cooks re-runs every day gets boring fast...:P)

fitncrafty
03-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Congrats on your first uke! have fun and welcome to UU!

NotsoGoodyet
03-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Flea therapy is an excellent way to get better fast!
And the folks at Fluke are famous for their first rate service.
Enjoy!

Mandarb
03-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the UU. Enjoy your new uke.

spots
03-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Welcome to UU!

Nice choice for a first uke. You can take that thing everywhere and anywhere.

joeybug
03-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Welcome to UU, great choice for a first Uke! I hope you feel better soon!

ksiegel
03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Nice one, Phil!

I was looking at that pattern on a concert Fluke when I was at Magic Fluke yesterday - it was in my top 3 choices,but I ended up getting a tenor mahogany top Fluke instead.

Isn't Phyllis great? She and Dale were super welcoming! I'm already planning a return trip when my Banjo Uke is ready!

-Kurt

Ambient Doughnut
03-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow, I don't always like the painted fleas but that one looks business! :)

OldePhart
03-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Uke therapy is the best therapy!

mm stan
03-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Aloha Uncle Phil,
Welcome to the UU and the froums and congratulatinons on your new surf flea..it looks awesome....I hope you''re feeling better too...and be walking pretty soon...what a better way to spend time than play your Surf flea..and recovering!!! How cool...Happy Strummings, MM Stan....

uke552
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Welcome to UU! You will have fun with the Flea-don't sell it like I did-many regrets!

Hippie Dribble
03-17-2011, 02:37 PM
hi Uncle Phil

and warmest welcomes to the forums mate. I have a little flea too and I play it all the time. Such a big sound for a little body, eh. Hope you recover fast and get plenty of playing time in during your healing!!! :)

pdxuke
03-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Aloha Uncle Phil:

Speedy recovery and welcome to the uke world! A flea is a great way to start!

sonicbaker
03-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Looks like a lot of fun is coming your way.

uncle phil
03-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Many thanks for the enthusiastic welcomes and the warm wishes!

Plainsong
03-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Take one Flea twice a day, remember to take with tuner. May cause extreme happiness. :)