Favilla soprano

luke'nlele

UU+
Reaction score
We just saw a Favilla Soprano and case in an antique shop this past weekend. It was locked in a glass display cabinet and the shop was closing, so we didn't get a chance to have a closer look. We saw a $200 price tag. We remembered reading that Favilla Baritones are collectibles. We read a little more about Favilla after we came home. We plan to go back to check for the color of the label, a white binding and general condition. Can anyone who knows anything about Favillas comment on the price?

Yikes! I saw a Favilla baritone in a pawnshop for $150 in great shape except for strings. Too big for me, unfortunately.
Check Flea Market Music Collectors forum.

If the uke has no cracks or repairs, $200 is a GREAT price. Favilla is a nice instrument..And if i could buy a Favilla bari in good shape for $150 I'd be all over that...

I have a soprano Favilla, which is a wonderful ukulele! I see the Baritone's on eBay in the $350 and up range. If it is in good shape, I think it is a great buy at $200. Plus, they are usually willing to take off at least 10% in an antique shop if you ask nicely! If you want a Baritone, a Favilla is a desirable vintage Bari.

In nice overall condition, no buckle rash, egregious dings, good finish, straight tight to the body neck, $250- $400. Here's one that just ended in nice shape. $3-$400. I have a Favilla soprano and love it. Here's a bari I was watching but I already have another maker bari I love so just for reference. Check the pics while they are still up, even though it's ended it will give you an idea. Also search completed auctions to study them.

I would also make an offer in a shop. Maybe $150, you might get it for that or $175, but most sellers already know how to use Google and eBay search for completed items to get a value on something.

Last edited:
If the uke has no cracks or repairs, $200 is a GREAT price. Favilla is a nice instrument..And if i could buy a Favilla bari in good shape for $150 I'd be all over that...

I second that.

Thanks to everybody who replied to our thread. We did check out Flea Market Music and Elderly, as well as Ebay. We decided to take another drive out to the antique shop today to have a closer look. The Favilla soprano and case were still locked in a glass cabinet, but we got there early enough for the shop owner to take it out and show us. Unfortunately, it was not in great shape. It had steel strings. The bridge had been pulled off once. This was obvious because of the visible glue. The bridge looked like it was close to being pulled off again, as there was a gap between the bridge and the body. The pegs were tarnished, but tight. Overall, the rest of the body was dinged but solid with no cracks. The price was actually $175. The shop owner was only authorized to take off 10%. We felt that the damage from the steel strings was significant enough to warrant more of a reduction in the price. We left a note for the owner to call us if he was willing to consider coming down more on the price.

Top Bottom