Uke gods kind today

drjond56

Reaction score
This is my first post. I became a fingerstyle guitarist related to a mid-life crisis a few years ago, but became interested in the uke a few months ago when my wife returned from Hawaii with a soprano uke in tow. Today I took delivery of a Koaloha tenor courtesy of Ukelady music. My fingers are quite sore at this point. The fit and finish of the instrument are superb--on par with a couple of custom guitars I own. (Camera on the fritz or I would post pics) The sound is very full and I am quite surprised by the sustain--much more than my classical guitar. I have some uke specific music books, but I have really been playing extensively from some Hal Leonard guitar books. For those of you not familiar with the "Easy Guitar with Notes and Tab" series, most of the arrangements are simple fingerstyle (chord melody) primarily limited to the top 4 guitar strings, hence easy to transpose to the uke. Also fairly easy to add fill in chords as needed. There are many of these books including jazz, Latin, rock, sacred, and various artist series. Look forward to participating in the forum.

Jon

Congrats on the new Koaloha... I know the feeling well!

And welcome to the addiction!

I started my addiction with a Koaloha as well, a soprano in my case. I sold it and then replaced it months later with... a Koaloha. Lesson learned. :D Welcome to the club!

Welcome to the boards Jon. I too finally picked up a uke (after years of saying I was going to learn) because of a mild mid-life crisis myself!

Top Bottom