Ukulele Collectors - Regal Wendell Hall Master Ukulele on Ebay

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for Sharing, Mike...loved that crown soundhole, it is definetly unique...and maybe rare...

I've had a few of the Regal Wendell Halls. The banjo ukes set a standard that is still considered to be at the top of the form. The standard ukuleles were a bit mixed.

I will say this one looks to be rare. Never seen one like it, so to me it would definitely be a collectible. As far as a player, I've found that intonation was generally variable, and they had a tendency to use rather thick pine for their softwood tops. They are built fairly heavily as well, so their tone tends not to fall into the "bright and lively" category, but more "smooth and mellow".

It does appear to be in good shape, and hopefully will find an appreciative owner.

BTW - if you're not familiar with Wendell Hall here's our "Gumbo" page - click on his photo and you'll get some info and a download of rare cuts from this 20's "King of the Mainland Ukukele".

http://www.southcoastukes.com/index_files/gumbo.htm

Last edited:
Well,

I decided to pull the trigger and I won it! Good price, too. About $82.00 plus shipping.

I'll post some more shots when it arrives. A nice addition to the collection.

That's cool. Soundclip when you get.

Top Bottom