Blackwater Festival Promotion Spot on TV

Nicely done. Speakimng as someone who has interviewed a lot of people on TV and radio - you did great!

You can't bring pets to an outdoor event? What the what?? The US baffles me sometimes. We can even bring our dogs to a department store if we want... and people often do. The rules are simple. If your dog bites someone, guess who's paying the bill? You are. And don't come with baggies at your own peril.

I guess it's a liability thing right? Some rule of the park? Puppies from the SPCA are well used to seeing other dogs. :)

Good luck and have fun!

You can't bring pets to an outdoor event? What the what?? The US baffles me sometimes. We can even bring our dogs to a department store if we want... and people often do. The rules are simple. If your dog bites someone, guess who's paying the bill? You are. And don't come with baggies at your own peril.

I guess it's a liability thing right? Some rule of the park? Puppies from the SPCA are well used to seeing other dogs. :)

Good luck and have fun!

I was told since the Gardens is a Blackwater Swamp located in the South, this time of the year the Alligators are becoming active after the winter and are hungry. Wild alligators are afraid of people but dogs look like natural prey and make an attractive meal. There are 4-5 miles of trails and some of the remote ones go right through the middle of the swamp. You just have to make sure you don't trip over one walking the trails when they are sunning and warming up.

There are months they allow dogs on leashes, but March is not one of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom