PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater Festival Promotion Spot on TV

Ukuleleblues
03-18-2011, 09:03 AM
A couple of you asked if I would post a video of us on TV promoting the Blackwater Ukulele Festival.....

The interview was kind of nerve wracking because I had no idea what I was going to be asked, once we started playing I was way more relaxed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrXncYcYkdQ

The festival is tomorrow, I can't wait!!!

Pippin
03-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Congrats on the news spot. I hope the event is a great success.

Ron
03-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Nicely done. Speakimng as someone who has interviewed a lot of people on TV and radio - you did great!

Ukuleleblues
03-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks Guys!!! I appreciate the kind words and well wishes.

Plainsong
03-18-2011, 02:52 PM
You can't bring pets to an outdoor event? What the what?? The US baffles me sometimes. We can even bring our dogs to a department store if we want... and people often do. The rules are simple. If your dog bites someone, guess who's paying the bill? You are. And don't come with baggies at your own peril.

I guess it's a liability thing right? Some rule of the park? Puppies from the SPCA are well used to seeing other dogs. :)

Good luck and have fun!

ryansuzukamusic
03-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Wow. That's a really awesome TV spot! You folks sounded great as well. Congrats on the cool promo spot and the creation of the festival and best wishes towards your cause.
-Ryan Suzuka
http://www.youtube.com/ryansuzukamusic

Total Ukphoria
03-18-2011, 04:30 PM
See you there tomorrow!

Ukuleleblues
03-18-2011, 11:55 PM
You can't bring pets to an outdoor event? What the what?? The US baffles me sometimes. We can even bring our dogs to a department store if we want... and people often do. The rules are simple. If your dog bites someone, guess who's paying the bill? You are. And don't come with baggies at your own peril.

I guess it's a liability thing right? Some rule of the park? Puppies from the SPCA are well used to seeing other dogs. :)

Good luck and have fun!

I was told since the Gardens is a Blackwater Swamp located in the South, this time of the year the Alligators are becoming active after the winter and are hungry. Wild alligators are afraid of people but dogs look like natural prey and make an attractive meal. There are 4-5 miles of trails and some of the remote ones go right through the middle of the swamp. You just have to make sure you don't trip over one walking the trails when they are sunning and warming up.

There are months they allow dogs on leashes, but March is not one of them.