New (to me) Uke Day

OldePhart

Reaction score
Got the Mainland red cedar tenor that I bought from Glenn in the marketplace today. I was worried for a while because the estimated delivery was 3/16 and there had been no status update since it went through the receiving sort facility on 3/12 but, that's the USPS for ya!

Got here in great shape, sounds super. Not as bright as I'd half-feared a cedar top might be. Sounds very good with the strings that are on it (Worths CTs, I think). It is definitely a bit brighter than my Mainland mango tenor (with fluorocarbon homebrews that are kind of like a Worth CM set with an unwound low-g thrown in), but not objectionably so by any means.

Needed another uke, especially a tenor, like a hole in the head but at least now I can have one tuned low-G and one hi-G. The only problem is going to be deciding which way to set them up. The mango has a MiSi, so I suspect I'm probably going to leave it set up low-G even though I'd kind of like to do it the other way 'round since the mango has a little more traditional sound to it.

Maybe I'll put a MiSi in this cedar at some point...

No pictures, if you're that curious you can see the ones that Glenn posted in the marketplace. :)

John

Congratulations on the new (for you) ukulele! The marketing guys would say that your ukulele isn't "used," it's "experienced," And for a sold wood ukulele, there's truth to that, as it's probably had some time for the wood to open up.

Top Bottom