What HZ Setting On My Chromatic Tuner???

The Goatman

Reaction score
G'Day Everybody,

I recently purchased a Korg CA-1 Chromatic tuner and like all men, I did not really read the instructions and started pushing buttons willy nilly.

What should I set the HZ at when tuning my Ukulele?

I currently have it set at 440. Is this correct?

Much appreciated

The Goatman

440 is correct. 440 is an A note (the 'ukulele's bottom string). That just means that if you tune your A to 440 it will be in tune with the next guy who tunes in 440. If one guy changes his "A = [hz]" to something different than 440, then somebody will be "out of tune".

Hey The Goatman

Yes, you can set it to 440 Hz (Herz, pronounced as Hertz). It's the standard that instruments are tubed. In very exceptional cases, an orchestra may tune to A = 442 or 443 when a conductor feels the music would sound better. Or, if you go tosomeone's party and there is a piano that hasn't been tuned for a long time and now it sags to A - 338 Hz. Since the piano is hard to tune on the spot, you can be nice and tune your ukulele to the piano. In my long illustrated music career (haha), I never had to do anything other than A=440. That's a nice feature but very unnecessary.

Cheers
Chief

Yes 440hz is the amercian standard accepted here now...other countries or the past may differ slightly...but you can always experiment with alternate
tunings too but it is for solo playing ....to what you like...but for beginners, stick with 440hz for a while..

A440 is concert A. That is the correct setting.

Top Bottom