Yellow Makala

Oh, yeah!

Got to dig out the old Louis Prima stuff now and try it on the uke!

-kurt

:)

Pennies from heaven sounds great on a uke, or just a gigalo on a banjolele.

Well, someone once said it's the 10% of life that makes it worth living. That's part of the 10%. Thanks for showing us, Chuck!

Mahalo Chuck,
What a way to start the morning....just love those vintage themes...sooooo cool!!

Chuck, thanks for posting that, just "for me". Seems you did anyway. I have been feeling pretty much "down and out" for the last 6 weeks. My only high points have been Uke related. I had major surgery 6 weeks ago and during what should have been a normal recovery I found to have contracted H-MRSA in the hospital. First antibiotic didn't "touch it". I'm on second now and it doesn't seem to be working. Next, I'm told, will be 6 weeks of a drug by IV and in the mean time my leg is being "ate-up" inside by MRSA! Today I was not able to travel to the Blackwater Uke Festival near Charleston, SC. I have been looking forward to that! So, today has been a real "bummer", well until I read your post and followed the link! I felt as if I was in that video. All of a sudden I actually had a smile on my face! That was very "up-lifting" for me and sure it will be to everyone in the world that gets to view it! Thanks for sharing it with me!

Tom, MRSA can be a tough one to beat, it's just a matter of finding the right antibiotic. I almost lost my leg to it a few years ago (from a tiny little scratch!) and had a few courses of antibiotics until we found one that works. Boost your immune system with a proper diet. You'll lick it.
Get well and keep playing that happy music!

Love it & the little yellow Makala!

Great tune/video. I will be learning this one.

Thanks for posting the video, Chuck. It brought fun and sunshine to an otherwise dreary and rainy day.

For those interested in the sheet music, I found this thread on UU. The thread includes a link to the D'Ukes of Chelmsford Ukulele Songbook Volume 2 (2nd revision), which includes chords (in a different key) and lyrics to "Bring Me Sunshine."

By the way, the tutorial (upliaded in January 2011) invites people to record and upload "Bring Me Sunshine" for a chance to win a "special prize"!

Fantastic. My son watches a cartoon, called the Zingzillas. On one of the columns in one of the tiki huts on Zingzilla island, hangs a little yellow Dolphin. Always makes me smile.

I love the 50s. Love jive dancing. That is sort of a perfect video for me. Thanks, Chuck!

Chuck, thanks for posting that, just "for me". Seems you did anyway. I have been feeling pretty much "down and out" for the last 6 weeks. My only high points have been Uke related. I had major surgery 6 weeks ago and during what should have been a normal recovery I found to have contracted H-MRSA in the hospital. First antibiotic didn't "touch it". I'm on second now and it doesn't seem to be working. Next, I'm told, will be 6 weeks of a drug by IV and in the mean time my leg is being "ate-up" inside by MRSA! Today I was not able to travel to the Blackwater Uke Festival near Charleston, SC. I have been looking forward to that! So, today has been a real "bummer", well until I read your post and followed the link! I felt as if I was in that video. All of a sudden I actually had a smile on my face! That was very "up-lifting" for me and sure it will be to everyone in the world that gets to view it! Thanks for sharing it with me!

I'm sorry to hear that, I am what is considered to me MRSA+ and colonised, I've never had it badly, though I do get numerous infections and that's lots of antibiotics, so I know the feeling, damn hopsital superbugs, you go there to get better not to get something worse!

Hope it heals soon and that the Uke is able to keep you smiling

Joey

Sorry to hear that. A friend of mine had the same thing after being scraped by the end of a paper clip, and his doctors were able to find an antibiotic that worked. The important thing is that you get well.

Orange Sunburst Dolphin!!!

Thanks so much for the great video. Ukulele and swing dancing both at the same time?! Happy, happy, joy, joy! My other passion is swing dancing so this vid was just for me! ;) Thanks again Chuck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom