Handmade Soprano on ebay - Ambrosia Maple made by me - Vic D ( Blue Frog )

Vic D

Reaction score
Here's a soprano made from ambrosia maple. It has ambrosia maple back and sides, poplar neck and rainbow poplar binding and headstock veneer. The finish isn't perfect, the grain shows in the lacquer because I didn't feel I needed to grain fill the maple, I was wrong. Not gonna refinish it, it is what it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230599082162

You can see and hear more of it in this Youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIrQNdnI3CM

View attachment 21693View attachment 21694View attachment 21695View attachment 21697

Thanks for looking, peace,
Vic

Last edited:
Man, If I was not redoing my kitchen I would do it. Looks and sounds really nice. $180??? what a deal

Thank you so much, eugene, ukeeku, rem50! I will say that it's the best sounding uke I've built so far, my wife said the same thing before I got the chance to say it. It has a lot of volume and sustain and some really sweet tones coming out of it. I should have done a little strumming in the video, great strummer too.

By the way, it was born from that same wood pile, a rescued piece of maple firewood.

Last edited:
That is GORGEOUS! And sounds as good as it looks. Amazing work.

Oh so tempting, what would postage be to the UK?

That looks great, Vic!

Thanks Chris, Surfink! OK I've thought about it and I'll ship internationally. If you win and you're outside the U.S., don't check out right away, wait for invoice with actual shipping. I'll update the auction.

Mahalo,
Vic

Bad news! This ukulele aquired a tiny dent in the top just a while ago, one hour before the auction's end no less! I will have to refinish the ukulele and that will take a week, so it won't reach the winner for a little over a week to two weeks. That being said, it needed to be refinished anyway and it will look better when it's done... If this doesn't suit you please retract your bid, as eBay will not let me end the auction this late.

Mahalo,
Vic

Gotta love Ebay, buy-it-now was 180 and it sold for 202. Congrats Vic, sorry to hear about the extra work though.

AH, just did miss out on it, by 2.50 no less, sure is a pretty uke.

Top Bottom