New Family Members (chapter #184593)

H

Hippie Dribble

hi gang

yep. another new uke (s) day thread, and another proud Poppa. These two beautiful babies arrived this week and eugenie suffered no discomfort at all (save for a slight twinge in her hip-pocket nerve). :eek: A custom LoPrinzi soprano from Donna and Augie and a pretty maple tenor from Tom Guy.

The LoPrinzi is 4A Koa with gloss finish, ebony fretboard and lovely cream and green binding.

The Tom Guy was advertised as curly maple, but it looks more like flamed maple to me (can someone help me out?) and has a gorgeous poplar neck.

Both sound really lovely and I'm over the moon.

In the next couple of posts I'll put some pictures up of each uke. Thanks for taking a look everyone. :)

First, the LoPrinzi...

DSCF6216.jpgDSCF6215.jpgDSCF6214.jpgDSCF6217.jpg

Last edited:
and the Tom Guy...

DSCF6226.jpgDSCF6224.jpgDSCF6222.JPGDSCF6229.jpg

I'll be putting up another uke or two in the marketplace in the coming days to soften the blow to eugenie's bank balance! :eek:

:drool: That Loprinzi is prettty!!! Happy New Ukes Day! Twins!

Gorgeous!! I have room at my house for a few of your neglected beauties to come for some foreign exchange studies.. When they are rebelling against you. Send them here for me to play.. they will become grateful and beg to be sent back to the bush! :)
congrats and enjoy!!

Mate, you have a serious :drool:problem. If you were not so talented and :bowdown:deserving, I would be envious. I'm looking forward to hearing some new tunes with these lovelies:love:.

:cheers:Cheers!

Aloha Eugene,
Congrtaulations and Happy Ululele Day Matey!
I see your two new girlfriends have arrived....Wow I'm soooo jealous....completely amazing......and beautiful....I'm sure we will hear them in action in a video real soon.....Have Fun and Enjoy..Happy Strummings..
Mahalo for sharing....Cheers, MM Stan....:):shaka::music::music:

Last edited:
Very nice Jon. Nice to see the new family members.

Curly it is on the Tom Guy, at least on the front and sides. Some call it tiger maple. The back may be more quilted or flamed. The flying owl and the crouching tiger.

Ooooo, pretty... When you get tired of that LoPrinzi give me a call...

and the Tom Guy...

View attachment 21703View attachment 21702View attachment 21704View attachment 21705

I'll be putting up another uke or two in the marketplace in the coming days to soften the blow to eugenie's bank balance! :eek:
OH MY GOD- You got the Owl....I lamented letting this uke go for DAYS. I knew it was that one in the video- congratulations...and if you ever want to sell it, please remember your mate Dave in the US :)
I guess i can stop losing sleep over it- it is in good hands.
Oh..was there a Lo in there to?

Love that LoPrinzi! I'd have to keep a towel draped over the side of it while I played to keep the drool soaked up!

Congrats on new ukes. Tough question for you. Which is your favorite - if you could only have one, which would you keep?

thanks everyone for your comments! And to you, Dana and Bill on filling me in on the curly / flamed woods. Gee, if only one...I'd need some intense therapy :uhoh:

Top Bottom