Pono PKT Koa Tenor for Sale (Los Angeles area)

funkycarnivore

Reaction score
Hey folks,
In order to fund another purchase, I must sell my Pono Koa Tenor. This one has been a good friend, and I'm sad to see it go.

The model is PKT, made before they had a "1" or "2" designation. In terms of adornments, it's somewhere in between the current PKT-1 and PKT-2, with binding binding on the top and back. The koa on both sides is bookmatched in a cool arrow/chevron pattern, and it's all solid woods, of course. The first Ponos were shipped with gigbags, but I bought a Ko'olau hardshell case separately to protect this instrument. It has some marks and residue from a couple of stickers as you can see from the photos, but better the case than the uke, right? Also, it has a flaw in the lid where it's kind of "wavy" (also in the photos). This doesn't affect the function of the case. It still opens and closes the way it should. The case key is also included.

This is a very nice uke--easy to play with a beautiful tone. I'd keep it if at all possible, but I'm sticking to my policy of buy one, sell one.

I'm selling this uke for $375, which I think is a very good price for a solid koa tenor with hardshell case. Right now, I can only sell locally (I live in San Gabriel, just south of Pasadena). But I'll have a shipping box when my new-to-me uke arrives next week. If you're not local, please get in touch if you're interested and I'll contact you when I have the shipping box available. Shipping cost is additional, but I've shipped to a few places using USPS or FedEx Ground and it's always been pretty reasonably priced.

Thanks for looking at my ad!

Attachments

• P1000659.jpg
    P1000659.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 149
  • P1000661.jpg
    P1000661.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 102
  • P1000662.jpg
    P1000662.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 70
  • P1000664.jpg
    P1000664.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 49
weird i saw one that looks a lot like this one on ebay... ;) nice looking uke, bit out of my range but very nice looking congrats to the new owner

I'm pretty sure funkycarnivore sold this one on eBay. (I kind of had my eye on it, but couldn't talk my husband into it.)

It was posted for awhile and had no replies . . . did ya try and send him a PM?

Top Bottom