Bender timing device

Timbuck

Reaction score
After 5 weeks lost in the Mail.. my Eletronic timer device finally turned up:D..So I tested it out today...The Max cuurent it can handle is 500W..and the Halogen heater lamps I'm using are 1000W...So I have incorperated a 10Amp A/C relay into the circuit to drive the lamps..it's a simple curcuit and it all works quite well...A few more mods to do and then I'll install it into the bender.:)
PICT0011.jpg

Job done!...I made a box to put all the bits in and screwed it to the bender...the only mod: I did was to remove the variable resistor from the board and fit another of the same value to the (Polycarb) front panel and re-connect it with 3 extension wires..All you do to operate, is set the knob/dial to the time required and press the button..and "Bob's yer Uncle":D
PICT0016.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Job and very inventive. I use a simple Lenk Temperature Regulator, handles 500W, but I use a heat blanket. I marked the dial with temperatures at various temperatures I wanted to be at while bending wood and move my dial to the appropriate mark. Mine has no timer, which makes your device very cool (love the relay to solve the wattage problem). Once again, nice job.

How can you tell how much time you have set it for?

It's spelled "equidistant"...at least in America. Who knows how you guys spell it :p

The wood usually gets left on for hours right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom