progress!!!!

freedive135

Reaction score
As I was strummin away lastnight playin JB's "Pirate looks at 40"
I realized I wasn't looking at my fingers to place the chords anymore.
Then strummin a few other songs I didn't have to look for those chords either.

So I guess that means I am no longer a beginner anymore!!! Now I need a camcorder so I can post up some video's:rofl:

If I could just figure out this finger picking/strummin thing.

As I was strummin away lastnight playin JB's "Pirate looks at 40"
I realized I wasn't looking at my fingers to place the chords anymore.
Then strummin a few other songs I didn't have to look for those chords either.

So I guess that means I am no longer a beginner anymore!!! ....

Have you seen any of the footage of Aldrine in California? We are still beginners.

As I was strummin away lastnight playin JB's "Pirate looks at 40"...

We keep meaning to learn that song, but it has too many words! I can play it, but I can't sing it. (Plus the part about going for younger women just gets creepy if I sing it...) ;)

i'm good at singing the first 3 sections of that song...but the verse with the younger women I just lose the beat. i love the song though, and one day I'll have that in my arsenal.

Have you seen any of the footage of Aldrine in California? We are still beginners.
Brah, you are absolutely correct, well, maybe not beginners but sorta in the
upper echelon of that category. At least we still be playin and enjoyin our 15 seconds of private fame.

I'll try and post a few things I got from my camera tonight from the ukulele workshop! They did a mini concert in between and after! UNREAL and INSPIRATIONAL! :D

Thanks Deach for bringin me back to earth, here I was thinking I was gettin better!!!!!!

Now if I could ever be 1/10th as good as Aldrine or Jake......
Then I'll guess I'll call myself an intermediate player.

Thanks Deach for bringin me back to earth, here I was thinking I was gettin better!!!!!!

You are getting better. You may never be as good as Aldrine. I'm sure I never will. I don't rate my progress by comparing myself against masters though. I compete against me.

Way easier, cause I suck.

Congrats on moving forward with the worlds most cuddly instrument

Didn't mean to rain on your parade. Playing without having to think about where to place your hand is a satisfying stepping stone. Keep playing and have fun. :rock:

Thanks gang!!! I feel like I should be better than I am as I have been playin everynight for the last 8 weeks for a couple of hours at a time.

I noticed lastnight when I printed some new songs out that If I knew the chords I was able to strum away!!!!

I don't mind a little rain on my parade, I teach whitewater kayaking and it helps bring up the rivers!!!!:)

Top Bottom